22)[Delirious] The Price of a Life Pt 2

a/n: You ask and you shall receive! c:

~.~.~.~

The thick, pungent smell of blood clung to the room as I looked down at the barely alive man. He was gagged and tied up, bleeding out, and in fear. Adorning his skin were precise cuts, especially the one across his cheek that dug to the bone.

With one last look at him, I begin to dump gasoline around his soon-to-be corpse. He was panicking, thrashing about on the ground. I kicked his gut, driving my foot into his cracked rib. With an empty can, I throw it at him.

I walked out of the room, looking down the hall to make sure she wasn't aware of what happened. It was deathly silent.

Creeping towards the room I realized I was covered in blood. Shit... well, she better be used to it...

Pushing the door slightly, it creaked open. A little head popped out from the closet, wide awake.

Kneeling down near her, I clear my throat.

"You need to leave tonight. Grab whatever you want, and leave. You can't come back."

Her eyes lit up with confusion as her little brows furrowed together. "I don't have anywhere to go."

I was afraid of this. "No family?"

She shook her head.

"Friends?"

Again, her head shook. Fuck.

"What's your name?"

"(Y/N)."

With a sigh, I knew what I had to do. "Okay. Pack your things quick. Any clothes, pictures, things you want to keep."

I stand up and turn to go and pull the car closer. "Wait, where am I going?"

"With me. I'll take you home." I stop, and turn towards her slightly. "If you want to avoid the homeless system, of course."

She nodded quickly, and I watched her scrambled to gather things.

Quickly, I made my way outside to the car I parked across the street. Jumping into it, I quickly make my way to the alley behind her house.

As soon as I'm back inside and walking towards her room, I see her standing at her door, two bags on her and a determined look in her face.

"That all you want?"

She nodded her head fervently.

Nodding, I lead her out to the car. I open the door so she can put her stuff on the floor.

"I'll be right back, gotta do one more thing." I turn, but pause. Maybe I should let her do this, let her have the closure. "Actually, you want to put an end to things?"

Her mouth popped open slightly as she turned away from the car, looking at me. She nodded then, the thought taking root in her head.

Nodding, I take her hand and lead her into the house again. "Do you want to see him one last time? See how pathetic he looks?"

She shook her head. I couldn't blame her. I lead her to one of the trails of gas right outside his room and opened the door. Kneeling down I curled my finger so she came close to me. "You know how to light a lighter?" I showed her.

She put her finger on the lighter and pressed hard. One. Two. By the third time, she got the flame to stick. I pointed into the room so she'd throw it at the pathetic excuse of a human. She did without a second thought.

I smirked. She was gonna be a fine addition to the family.

~.~.~.~

She was following me into the house. We were silent, it being ungodly hours of the night.