48)[Cartoonz] Apocalyptic

A/N: I have no idea why this never came to my mind. But here it issss. I'm so freaking excited for Zombieland 2

~.~.~.~

This was it. I was trapped in an old building, and I could hear them. I had to get to the roof. There was a ladder, and I knew that if I could get to it, I could escape.

As I round the corner, sprinting as quietly as possible, arms grab me.

I would have screamed if I could, but a hand covers my mouth.

I'm pulled back against a body with an arm around my waist, and a hand over my mouth.

"Shh," they whisper in my ear, my neck feeling scratchy from their facial hair.

We're breathing raggedly, cramped in what must have been a small shelving closet.

I watched as an undead drags its body down the hall, coming from the direction I had been running in.

More followed, the stench of the rotting flesh makes me shudder against the man holding onto me. I couldn't stop myself from breathing hard.

None of the undead look at us, but rather continue roaming down the hall.

I pinch my eyes shut, not knowing how long we stand like that.

"I'm going to let go of you now, okay?"

I nod at the sound of his raspy voice.

As his warmth unwraps from around my shoulders, I turn to look at the guy before me.

He's decked out in what I can only describe as military gear. Cargo pants and boots, a black shirt with straps holding various ammo. He had on sunglasses, and a beard covered the lower half of his face.

He stood still peaking out the cracked door.

"How'd you know?"

"These undead follow a pattern. They walk in circles on this floor. I just didn't know someone else was in here." His voice had a pleasant gruff drawl to it. "You a loner?"

I nod, setting my jaw.

"Good. We need to get out of here." He checked the halls again. "Alright dollface, you're gonna follow me, stay as close to me as you can, and move when I say so. If you want to make it out with that pretty face, you'll listen. Outside I have a vehicle ready to go. I assume you're on foot?"

I nod again, shifting off my foot to ease the pain. "And you're injured." He brandished a machete, pointing it at me. Not that I blame it. Still didn't help my heart.

"Just tripped. Rolled my ankle. No bite."

I could see he didn't believe me so I shucked off my shoe and sock, showing my shoddy wrapping.

"Okay, new plan, you're coming to my base. I have medical supplies. You won't find any here."

For most loners, he's a lot nicer than you'd expect. I quickly try to rewrap my foot and slip my shoe on.

"Okay, come on." He moves quietly out of the door, heading down the hall in the direction I had been heading.

He stopped at a door marked stairs. Slowly prying it open, he double checked to make sure no undead were in the stairwell. I watched his back, making sure none snuck up on us. One rounded the corner, and I lodged my machete through its neck, separated his head from its shoulders.