Chapter 51

Third Person's POV

Today is a sunny and bright day, the day being Sunday, means Family day. A lot of families are seen enjoying their time at the park with kids running around, dads helping their children fly their kites at the sky along with the cold breeze of the wind, Christmas already lurking around with the month being mid September.

As Families are having fun at the park, a ten year old girl is seated at the back of the car looking out the window, watching as they pass by every building and trees and sometimes kids walking with their parents.

She sometimes sees two best friends walking hand in hand while laughing about things she couldn't hear about, she misses it, she misses laughing with the girl she's been with since she was little, she misses moments she had with her, misses everything about the girl she had left for four years.

"You okay back there Win?" Chaeyoung asked looking at the girl from the mirror, he saw her looking at him for a split second before giving a subtle nod and looking back out at the window again.

"You know you can always tell me if something is bothering you right?" Chaeyoung spoke again, eyes now focused on the road, Winter just gave a hum as a response before a small sigh left her lips.

"So...what's wrong?" He asked after hearing the sigh that left the girls lips.

"I just...I just miss Karina unnie," Winter answered looking away from the window and placed her attention to the bracelet around her wrist, the bracelet that Karina gave her before with their initials on it.

"Do you think she still remembers me dad?" She asked looking up to Chaeyoung who gave her a short glance before facing front again and nodded.

"Of course she does Win, what's makes you say otherwise?" Chaeyoung answered with a light chuckle that Winter responded with another sigh.

"I don't know...maybe because it's been four years since we last met and she probably found someone else because I left her," Winter answered as she looks out the window again and sees the familiar road back to Changwon, back to where she lost her parents.

"You like her don't you?" Chaeyoung asked glancing at Winter from the mirror and saw the girl tensed up in her seat with her eyes wide open that the racer giggled at.

"W-what? Of--of course not dad, I-i mean she's my f-friend but I don't l-like her like that,"Winter stutteringly answered causing a small laugh leave Chaeyoung's lips.

"Well your stuttering says other wise," He said with a chuckle as his hands maneuvered the steering wheel to the direction of his farm.

"Don't worry Win, it's okay if you like her more than a friend, it's normal to fall in love, and don't think that you liking a girl would make me be mad at you or something homophobic people would do, your heart chooses who you love and I support you in everything, okay? I would never get mad at you," Chaeyoung said with a smile on his lips that Winter smiled at too as she feels another warmth in her heart, another fatherly love that she felt after losing her dad.

"Thanks dad, you're really the best," Winter said with a smile that Chaeyoung giggled at as he stopped his car and removed his seatbelt before looking back to Winter and gave her a smile -- the kind of smile that she had missed from her father.

"Anything just to make you happy kiddo, now why don't we go, Mrs. Kwon has been waiting to see you," He said that made Winter giggle before she dashed out the car and walked fast inside the farm.