Chapter 60

Third Person's POV

"Why don't we all go to the beach?" Dahyun suggested as he sat on the sofa inside Chaeyoung's large and spacious office at the Son Techno Company.

"We are all really busy right now Hyun, I also have to go to New York next week," Chaeyoung said without even looking at his friends who were in front of him all scattered around his office.

"Eh? Why?" Jeongyeon spinning the soccer ball that was earlier displayed on the shelf on his hand.

Chaeyoung looked up for a bit and let out a small sigh before looking back down to the papers in front of him waiting to be signed and approved.

"Work of course, just have business meeting with the investors and have to check out some things too.." He said and paused then looked up to where Jeongyeon is again.

"And please put that back," He said then looked back to his papers and released another sigh.

Jeongyeon put the ball back into the shelf and sat down beside Dahyun while Tzuyu was across them looking - or more like observing Chaeyoung from where he is.

"How's the progress with winning Mina back?" Tzuyu asked not taking his eyes off of Chaeyoung who looked up for a bit before resting his head on the pile of papers.

"Nothing," He answered facing the wall where a painting of Vincent Van Gogh Starry Night.

"What do you mean nothing?" Tzuyu asked again now fully facing Chaeyoung.

The racer lifted his head up and placed it on his palm instead facing his friends with an expression that has something that shows discouragement.

"I've been busy here and with work at Konnect, she's also been busy, the girls told me she has a lot of schedules and all that," He explained before resting his head on the table again releasing another sigh.

His friends looked at each other with knowing looks before looking back to Chaeyoung who was still resting his head on the table, head full of thoughts about Mina.

"Why not try visiting her at work? Like what you always do before," Dahyun suggested with a smile knowing that his suggestion would work, well it did before so why would it not work now right?

"But wouldn't it too weird? They're ex-lovers, people who'd see him at her work place would be weirded out by that," Jeongyeon said giving the tofu guy an unsure look which he rolled his eyes at.

"He's got a point, I mean it can be that he's there for an upcoming work with her or anything but no one would think that because no news about them having work together has been announced, so yes Jeongyeon is right, it can be weird for other people," Tzuyu chimed in agreeing with Jeongyeon's opinion to what Dahyun just said.

Dahyun sighed in defeat slumping his back on the couch with a pout as the room grew quiet with an awkward atmosphere lingering in the air.

The room only had a quiet atmosphere for minutes, no one dared speak another word, no one said a thing and just let the eerie peacefulness take over them.

That is until the door slammed open and loud voices of kids and two ladies boomed inside the room.

"Hi dad!" Winter happily greeted as she approached her father and hugged him.