Chapter 54

Third Person's POV

It was another moment of silence that fell onto Chaeyoung and Sana as they focused their eyes to the kids playing. After the words Chaeyoung had told the older girl, she didn't know what to say, his words stunned her so how was she to respond? She didn't know so she kept silent. Both of them did.

The kids were busy playing in the snow, running after each other, throwing snow balls at one another as they laugh at their messy and snowy state. It was just  fun play, not until Ian remembered something that made him stop from running and laughing, confusing the two older girls with him.

"Ian, what's wrong?" Karina asked putting a hand on the boys shoulder, he looked up at her and Winter before a smile formed on his lips.

"I remembered something," The four year old little boy said as he smiled wider and ran of to go back to his Aunt who grew confused when she saw the boy running to them.

"H--Ian why are you running?" Sana asked after the boy got in front of her smiling widely.

"Today is December 8 Aunt Shasha!" The boy exclaimed putting his little hands on her thighs shaking her a bit.

Sana put her hands on his shoulders stopping him in shaking her as she looked at him confused, but the little boy stayed smiling.

"Yes it is, why are you--wait.." She said and trailed off at the end when realization dawned down onto her, she took a small glance at Chaeyoung first before looking down to Ian whose smile never faltered.

"It's your birthday!" She exclaimed just as happy as the kid was, Ian nodded his nod happily as his smile grew wider and brighter, too close to a smile Sana is familiar with.

"Would mommy be home tonight? She promised me she'll cook me my favorite for dinner," The kids asked looking at his Aunt with eyes full of hope, but to his disappointment, Sana shook her head no.

"Sorry Ian, but your mom told me to pick you up and keep you company tonight because she'll be busy with work," Sana answered saddening the little boy as his eyes full of hope flashed a glint of sadness, but his smile never faltered.

"That's okay! I know mommy would make it up," He said still with a smile, a smile that Sana knew already had a hint of sadness in, poor little boy, Sana thought.

"We can go anywhere you want if that would make you happy," Both turned their heads to the person that spoke and saw Chaeyoung looking at them with a smile, Ian's smile grew wider again hearing the racers words.

"Really?! You'd take me anywhere today?!" The little boy exclaimed while Chaeyoung nodded his head smiling at him.

"That is if you're Aunt agrees with it," The racer said turning his head to Sana who was staring at the two, seeing both smile while looking at her.

"I can't say no to those eyes of yours Ian," She said making the boy scream in happiness as he went up his Aunt and hugged her tight.

"Thank you thank you thank you Aunt Shasha! You're really the best!" He said squishing his Aunts cheeks making the woman giggle at his cute antic.

"What do you say Win? Ready to spend another long day with Karina?" Chaeyoung asked his daughter whose cheeks grew pink, while Karina on the side giggled seeing her blush.