Chapter 36- pair up

Watching as Ink and his friends left my office, I was able to feel that subtle tremble possibly beneath the palace. I knew that earthquake were uncommon in this kingdom, little chaos ever occurs here, which is why it's known to be one of the bests Kingdoms around.

"Maybe he and his friends did find it."
I muttered, getting up from my seat after a while of pondering.

After checking the halls, I steadily made my way through, palms, slightly sweating.

I never thought I would ever get nervous from something as simple as this, but this could be big news if it were ever to be mentioned to an outsider.

I pushed the library door open surprised to have my eyes met with a blood red eyelight. It was Cross, and it seems that he wasn't the only one in the room.

"Pardon me- er- us, your Majesty."
He said politely as I nodded and moved aside for the four of them to exit.

Maybe its just me overthinking, they wouldn't have gotten to that room, how would they even find it.

Suddenly all those doubts vanished once I noticed a something fuzzy peak from within Cross' layers of clothing.
A Blocker Rat.

It was without a doubt a Blocker Rat. Their fur is far too dark to be a normal rat. They're meant to be guarding over the chamber, and could sense who they could trust through the amount of tormented aura a person has.

I'm quite concerned about Cross now, though its not as though I've never been concerned about him.

But that aside, its proof they went down there.

I rushed into the library to a certail aisle and took out a few books.

There it is, the lever isn't covered in dust.
They've been going down there often.

I breathed out, looking down at the place where the tube would be, a small smile now forming on my face.

This is grand news.

(Time skip~~~)

Pulling the hood over his head, Fell was ready to head out to town, Horror and Dust standing not that far from him as they just stared at the gate in front of them, keeping them separated from the outside world.

"How long do we have to wait for Sci and Lust?"
Dust asked, making sure that even his arms weren't visible from behind his cloak, enjoying the fact his face was covered by the shadow made by the hood.

"Dunno, but I see some people else coming over."
Horror said as he looked behind them.

It was Reaper and Geno, both wearing a normal cloak that didn't stand out, just like the cloak the other three were wearing.

"I see we have a little group here. Are there more of us joining?"
Reaper casually asked as Geno stayed a bit behind him, Reading what seems to be a booklet of sorts. Possibly just a pocket novel.

"Sci and Lust are running a bit late for some reason."
Fell answered, not even taking his eye lights off of the gates.

"Oohh, so that's why Lust told us that..."
Geno suddenly spoke, closing his pocket book.

"Yeah, Reaper and I saw Lust earlier and told us to "tell them to go ahead". I didn't really know who them was, so I didn't bother remembering about it."

"Guess they'll catch up with us."

With that, Fell gestured one of the guards to open the gates for them to leave, watching as the guards swiftly do so.

The guards didn't seem intimidated by Fell at all, as if they just did what he asked just to be polite. It was odd for Fell considering his kingdom's atmosphere and all.