chapter 20- progress

<Ink's pov>

I placed a plate of stacked pancakes infront of everyone after i sent off a plate for my mom.

Everyone seems to be enjoying them until someone spoke up.

"Uh- has anyone seen Fell and Sci?" Blue asked.

And not a moment later, i saw Horror and Lust shoot up from their seats and run out of the room to who knows where, while whispering what sounds to be curses.

We all watched them run out, having no clue where they're going.

Thuds where heard, coming to our direction, then the door slammed open. Showing Lust, huffing up a lot of unnecessary air.

"Ink! Do you have a spare key to the library!?" Lust asked.

"Ummm.." i said, but just threw him the spare library key i always bring along by accident.

Then he ran off again.

I didn't pay much attention about that then went ahead and finish my breakfast, the others did the same.

A few minutes later, Lust and Horror bursts in with Fell and Sci.

"S-Sorry! I-- overslept." Sci said.

"Yeah, sure. There's some pancakes over in the kitchen, go get some for yourself.

(Just wanted to add that in.)

(Time skip~~~)

<Nightmare's pov>

Here we are again, back in the dark tunnel system, filled with disgusting poison rats.

I saw one just run by, it already made me wanna kill it.

"Nightmare? You ok there?" Cross asked, who was a little ahead me.

He also had his little rat friend come along with him.

"Ugh, yeah. Say, you already have a name for that thing?" I asked him, using a tentacle to point over the rat that was under a few layers of his clothing.

It tried to bite my tentacle, but failed.

"Oh! Yeah, i do have a name for him. Mr. Fluff mouse. But i call him fluffy for short." Cross replied.

"Uh.. mr.. Fluff... Mouse?" I asked for confirmation.

"Yeah."

"Why does he even have a full name??" I questioned.

"Ooh.. in case he causes a wreck, i'd call him that. You know its scary if your parents call you by your full name, right?"

Cross, you dumb bag of bones and fluff.

And he even had a straight face when he said it.

We finally arrived to the room of puzzles, all the puzzles that we all previously solved had been reset somehow.

"What the- i could have sworn that i've solved this before." Dust spoke.

"Yeah, me too." Error agreed, trailing his finger over one of the higher puzzles.

I even saw Sci glare at the jigsaw puzzle on the ground.

"Hey, what are glaring at those puzzles for? Did you solve them too?" Dream asked Sci.

Sci shook his skull.
"No.. i just feel like those kinds of puzzles Don't fit in with... All this." He answered.

We all chose a puzzle to solve for ourselves.

Before any of us could start solving, Dust voice interrupted the unknown silence of the room.

"Hey, how about we have a challenge to make this less boring? Who could solve the most puzzles win."he said.