chapter 21- Quite room

(so much voted for Crossmare, and i get the reason why..)

<3rd pov>

Just after Fell and Sci left, the the puzzle room was now quiet,a although Nightmare and Cross were in it.

They could still hear the faint taps of Sci and Fell's footsteps out side.

At some point though, Cross finally let Fluffy free, letting him roam the room.

"Hey- why did you let thar thing free?.." Nightmare questioned, glaring at the clean tamed mouse.

"Well, I can't just let him be cooped up in my vest, or else he'd misbehave once the others are back.." Cross simple answered.

Nightmare looked at Cross as he said it.

Cross' face didn't give out any hints that he was joking around.

Cross was staring happily at the rat as it joyful ran around.

Realizing he was staring, Nightmare finally looked away from Cross and reluctantly locked his eye at the roaming pet.

Nightmare sighed.

"Hey, Cross... Why are you so nice to that thing?.. who knows, that thing might poison you with its bite sooner or later." Nightmare asked.

Cross chuckled a bit.

"The first part, i've already told you why. But, if Fluffy ever betrays him, at least all i could say at that point is that.. at least i made him feel loved." Cross replied.

He Broke his gaze from Fluffy then looked over at Nightmare.

Nightmare notices and looks back.

"Say-" Cross started.

"Why would you keep asking me all this?" It was Cross' turn to ask.

Nightmare didn't know why he kept questioning Cross about Fluffy,To be honest.

He simple shrugged,then asked again.

"Why are you nice to it tho.."

"Ok, what's with all the questions? And its a He ." Cross said.

"Would you rather we both sit here in complete awkward silence? And plus, I'm just curious." Nightmare replied.

"Well, yeah. I don't like awkward silences."

"Mhmm" Nightmare hummed.

"But I've known you to not being curious about someone's opinions.." Cross added.

Cross was right tho..
Nightmare was never a curious person about opinions. He is more like the opposite of it.
And there's no way to changing that fact about Nightmare.

"Just answer my damn question." Nightmare said, in the brink of being exposed.

"Ok ok, fine--
Could you repeat the question?" Cross said.

Nightmare sighed again.

"Why are you nice to... Fluffy..?"

"Nightmare,i already-" Cross was cut off.

"Let me rephrase that. Why are you nice to him, in general?"

Cross was silent for a moment. Thinking of why.

"Well, its good to be nice to something or someone for a change." Cross answered.

"What do you mean 'for a change?'" Nightmare asked again.

"Uhh- umm.. i.. I'm not supposed to tell anyone about that reason." Cross said, a bit nervous.

"Come on, just tell me. I won't tell the others."