Chapter 29- 'Friends'

Sorry for the long wait, you guys... Have some Crossmare.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

<Nightmare's pov>

"Could you quit the nibbling?.." I hissed the the cursed rat, Feeling it nibbling my tentacle.
I'm still in the library, looking for Cross and tell him about his pet. But is Cross even in the library?? I've been searching for a while and I'm pretty sure I'm the only one here. Aside from the rat..

"Did he literally let this thing escape???" I sighed, pinching the bridge of my nose before starting to make my way to the exit of the library.
Once infront of it, I could faintly hear two familiar voices outside.

(Meanwhile)

"When do you think Dust would catch up?" Cross and Killer were still walking around the castle, Though their pace were slow just so Dust could catch up to them somehow, but right now, no sign of Dust.

"I don't know, he usually asks me to wait up for him whenever he had to do something." Killer stated before looking back over to Cross-
Whom of which had disappeared for some reason.

Killer looked around the hall, seeing no sign of Cross, Though he saw Dust catching up.

"Sorry Kills, where's Cross?" Dust asked.
"I... Don't know..." Killer replied.

{Back to Nightmare}

Sighing, I set Cross down on the floor with my tentacle still covering his mouth. He pulled my tentacles away from him, looking over to me confused.

"What was that for?? You just snatched me away from Killer! You could've just asked me to talk or something!" He said.

I scoffed and showed him his pet, who was still bitting my tentacle.

"... Oh-" he immediately took the thing off the tentacle, the tip of it still feeling a bit numb.

"You should really keep an eye on that thing. You do realize that people around here would panic when they see it." I said, crossing my arms.

"R-right, sorry Nightmare..." He apologized, hiding the rat in one of his many layers. He blinked and looked back at me, seeming to realize something.
"Wait, you... Didn't tell anyone about Fluffy?"

"Of course I didn't, that'll make things a bit complicated for your situation anyways." I simply reply, walking back to the many shelves of kept knowledge.

<Cross' pov>

I watched as he turned and started to walk back into the library, But i was still confused.

"Hey, wait!" I said, catching up to him.

He stopped and looked back over to me.
"You do realize this is a library, correct? Keep your voice down."

"Sorry, I just wanted to ask you something"
I said, fiddling with my fingers a bit.

"And what would that be?.." he said with his usual cold stare, an eyebrow raised.

"Do you.. umm... Well, do you care about me? Why didn't you want to make my situation a mess? I could handle it after all.." I asked.

He looked at me for a moment, Making me more nervous with each second that passes.

"... Almost sounds like you're not thankful." He said flatly.

"No!- i mean- of course I'm thankful" I said almost immediately.

He sighed and looked off into the shelves.
"Of course I care about you."

I felt my face heat up.

"You're my friend after all."