chapter 43- plan

After the events that took place last night, the skeletons had decided to postpone unlocking the door despite already having both keys to do so. The Queen had informed them of an unexpected guest that would be arriving today, and it sent Cross in a state of panic and dismay, leaving the monochrome skeleton to shut himself in his room since last evening. He refused to eat dinner the night before, and again today during breakfast.

The skeletons were actually still on the dinning table, finishing their own meals as they looked around each other, all except a certain dark tentacled skeleton. Nightmare had his eye glued to his hot mug of coffee, seemingly in deep though over much more important matters than to have his eye locked with someone else on the table.

"Do you think that Cross's dad knew this was going to happen? The queen said she received a letter, which meant this had been going on for quite a while now..." Blue asked, breaking the silence that drowned them in the dinning room.

"I doesn't matter. Cross told us that his dad made him keep the secret of the ghost kid away from us to keep us from harm's way... Right?" Fell pipped in before taking a fork full of his fried egg. Dust shook his head in response to this.

"He said 'If he wanted to keep us alive.' So his dad threatened to kill us if that secret got out... And it did, but his dad has no proof that it actually got out, so as long as we act normal, then his assistant would think that Cross never said his secret to us.." Dust suggested as a sort of temporary solution to their situation.

Nightmare simply 'tsk'd and got up from his seat. He went to Cross' and picked up the covered platter that still contained Cross' breakfast. He then went over to Ink and picked him up with a tentacle.

Ink who at the moment was interrupted from him enjoying his waffles started to struggle a bit in Nightmare's tentacle, trying to break free. "Hey! What gives, I'm not even done with breakfast, put me down!" Ink ordered which only got ignored once Night was starting to walk out of of the dinning room.

"Nightmare, what are you trying to do? Ink hadn't even finished his food and you're just going to drag him off somewhere?" Error questioned, clearly not pleased by Nightmares just taking the artist away from him.

Nightmare turned his head to glare at Error, causing the glitch sweat a bit. "Your little Ink here may have not finished his food, but there's someone who hadn't had a bite to eat since last night. I need Ink's help to get to him." And with that, Nightmare simply walked out with Ink in tow, leaving the dinning hall silent once again.

While Nightmare walked, Ink looked at him was a rather intrigued and amused smile. "Sooo..... This is about Cross?.. I never thought you'd be capable of worrying over someone, Night." Ink commented, the smile still on his face. Nightmare didn't get to see it since he didn't bother sparring a glance at him.

"I was the one that convinced him to let his secret out, so I see it as only appropriate that I was the one to try and talk to him first. Cross is a worry wart, so it's expected for him to simply do all this. I have to convince him again." Nightmare clarified before saying nothing else. Ink just huffed, liking his own assumption more than the explanation Night have given him.

After a minute or two, they found themselves in front of Cross' room. Nightmare knocked on the door and waited for some sort of response from the smaller inside, but as he expected, there was none. He knocked again.
"Cross, I know you're in there. Let me in."

"..."
Still no response, but Night knew Cross was still inside his room. Night placed Ink down and tapped on the lock of the door, obviously tell him to unlock it since he remembered that Ink had a spare key for all the doors they were allowed to access.

Ink seemed confused for a moment but soon enough caught on, taking out his spare keys and finding the one that unlocks Cross' door. Ink unlocked the door for Night, earning him a small thanks from Nightmare before the darker skeleton went inside with Cross's breakfast. Ink saw this as Nightmare's of also telling him to go back to eating his breakfast, which Ink gladly did.