chapter 47- make sense

It's been almost half an hour since the group had received the information of them being mere weapons to a larger plan. They had processed and simply try accepting that it's indeed their purpose and was why they were created, but they never wanted to go through with that plan, they'll do something about it. The atmosphere was still quite tense and glum, but hopefully that'll be changed later on.

(Betty's pov)

Betty let the princes collect their thoughts, knowing that it must be a lot of information for them to process, especially since they found out what their true purpose is. They were all still in the puzzle room, unable to muster the strength to leave just yet due to some still trying to come to terms with what they saw or what they've done, theses being Dust and Reaper.

Betty lifted her head upon hearing shuffling approaching her. Cross sat next to her with Xchara floating nearby.
"Princess- I-I mean Betty... If our purpose were to act like bombs, then.. Why would I be created? I'm part of X's kingdom after all... He wouldn't try destroying his own Kingdom.. so..." Cross asked, still quite unsure of his purpose.

Betty blinked before glancing to the side.
"Perhaps you were made as a weapon as well.. Though instead of a bomb, you were meant to be a guard of sorts.. it would also lower the suspicion of him gifting other Kingdoms these odd children, no?.." She suggested before hearing Xchara scoff.
"I guess that would be a good explanation as to why he'd put me with him. Maybe he thought that some of my traits would seep into him so he could be a fighting machine." Xchara said, side eyeing Cross since he knew that Cross had skills, but sadly could not operate well due to X's treatment towards him.
"I mean, for goodness sake, he adopted a rat."

Betty hummed and smiled in amusement from this information before looking over to the rest of the princes in the room. Seems they're doing better than before. She stood up and clapped her hands, getting everyone's attention.
"I think it's best to continue all of this once we're above ground. This chamber is still below the Harmonious Castle, correct?" A few heads nodded in confirmation. This must mean that the kingdom is still okay.

She walked over to the door, Akumu being the one to get it open for her since it seems she's still visibly struggling on walking on her own. Due to Xchara forcing him, Cross was the one assisting Betty walk. The group got back to the library, each one emerging from the hatch one by one.

(Reapers pov)

A few things were making more sense now. He wondered if he could make get in touch with that Grim guy again. Looking over to Dust, he seemed to be a wreck. He had a breakdown earlier; he was doing a little better now, though he could still see tears flowing from his eyes.

"If I may ask... Who's the prince of this kingdom?" Betty asked, having Ink walk over.
Muttering could be heard from the two, though it unintelligible from this distance. Ink turned towards the others, opening his mouth to speak.
"Everyone, please head to our lounge room. I have to take her to the queen for a little while.. um... let's try settling down there for now.

And with that, the two- well three left since Cross was still accompanying Betty. The others including Reaper moved to the lounge with Reaper simply sitting down on a nearby couple's couch.
"The atmosphere is so heavy that it could suffocate someone." He joked as the others were picking their spots with Geno surprisingly sitting next to Reaper.

"I don't think now is the right time to try something like that, Reaper." Geno stated, crossing his arms as he kept his head down.
"Actually, now seems like the best time for it. Everyone's feeling down, no one's brave enough to break the silence. I might as well volunteer." Reaper reasoned as he looked around to the others.
"Now that we have this much information, it's no use trying to keep it hidden." Reaper glanced over to Dust who had Blue and Killer comforting him while Dream and Nightmare sat on a different couch, Nightmare eyeing his strange tendrils. Reaper stayed silent before he continued. "Geez, tough crowd."