chapter 16- afternoon in the garden

<Nightmare's pov>

I'm currently walking down one of the halls quietly, I let Cross walk a bit farther ahead so that he won't notice me.

He had a negative aura that surrounded him when he left. But what's more off is that i felt two auras from the same person.

Cross.

Right now, he's out of sight, which means that i just need to use my senses to follow him.

While on the way, i passed by the library and the kitchen.

Yeh, i got some biscuits and a book.

After i left the kitchen, i heard a low creek sound from down a hall. The creek sounds like a huge door being moved.

......

'Which room had a large heavy door?

Oh right, the garden.'

I walked over to the garden's door. Opening the door would just give away my position, so i teleported into the garden, at the dark part of the garden, its perfect for me to be able to spy on him.But i also wasted a perfectly good biscuit by dropping it behind me.

I stayed low, hidden in the shadows,the sun was maybe 15 minutes from starting to set.

Cross walked along the center part of the garden. Then stopped and took a seat on a bench near some rocks.

I heard him sigh. For what reason? I don't know.

Then he spoke.

"You could show yourself now."

I was a bit surprised. I was about to move until i was a ghost child appear next to him.

'Oh.. he was talking to him.. the ghost kid.'

The ghost kid sat next to Cross, staying silent for a while.

"You doing good there Cross?, You've been tense when we first came here.. you only relaxed a bit when X left."
The ghost kid said.

"I.. don't really... I just don't want them to know what happened.. what happened to the both of us.. the training.. you know?" Cross replied.

"But you told me their like a family to you.."

"I know.. it's just... They don't need to know about this.."

".... Bullshit"

"Chara??!!"

"You're talking bullshit, and you know it."

"If they really are like family, then why not tell them?"

".. you're right.. i'll tell them soon enough..."

Both of them fell silent to the amazing view of the sunset over the horizon.

I did too, but not that much.

"Hey, Chara?.." Cross started.

"Yeah?" Chara replied.

"You're more... Friendly today..." Cross said as he smiled.

".... Don't get used to it."

Cross nodded.

Both of them continued silently watch the sun as its lowly gone out of their field of vision.

I felt myself smile a bit at how peaceful the atmosphere is at the moment.

But just as i took a step back.