chapter 32.5- her pet

I wonder if you guys could figure out who's pov this one is of before it's been revealed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Its was dark, though not completely. The smell of what could only be assumed as cardboard would be identified by them as they looked around. They didn't remember how they got there, or who they were, but all they know was that they were in what could only be described as a cube of sorts.

Normally, if you're in a place unfamiliar, you'd panic, but they didn't panic at all, they stayed neutral as they felt like they were being transported. There wasn't anything for them to fear anyways.

Once they felt that the cube had been placed down, they noticed voices. There weren't many, maybe 2 or 3, still, they stayed calm. Just looking around the cube they were trapped in. The box seemed to have the same color as their own, the smell of cardboard definitely coming from the cube's walls.

'I wonder what I'm here for' they thought as they looked at the top if the cube. They didn't really know if they had a mother or a father, all they know was that they woke up in a cardboard cube one day, and that's that. It couldn't have been that they forgot. Maybe forcefully erased, but they knew that for their situation, it could only be done scientifically.

They were snapped out of their thoughts once they heard something probably heavy move from somewhere outside the cube.

"Mom! Dad! Sorry we're a bit late- I just wanted to show Chara something."

What's this? A different voice than from earlier. It sounds as if it came from a younger girl.

"Young lady, aren't you still supposed to feel any shame for sneaking off yesterday?" They heard a sigh. This must be the father speaking.

"Nevermind. The box that's laid before you today is the one of a kind pet we've been wanting to give you. And its your favorite color too-"

"Dad, I keep telling you, its not my favorite color..."

"Well we can't really return the poor thing because you dislike its color now can we? That would be a selfish request that would be made by the future queen. Come now dear, aren't you excited?"

There was silence outside the cube, but it could only be assumed that the daughter silently nodded their head.

"Splendid! Chara, would you please close the door? We've been told that this creature could fly. We wouldn't want it to fly out of the castle."

The sound of footsteps coming closer and Something heavy moving again was all they heard. The footsteps stopped Infront of the box.

"Mom, Dad.. are you sure its really ok for us to have a pet in the castle?" The girl questioned.

"Do not worry, Dear. This pet can also help protect you whenever Chara isn't available. We are not replacing him either, since this is the partnership project we've agreed to between both kingdom."

".. I see. Thank you..."

Suddenly, the top of the cube moved and was lifted off of the cardboard walls. They looked up to see what had caused it. Their eyes were met with vibrant orbs. The eyes of the princess.

That's how it all had begun, a bond closer than siblings, than family. They never thought that anything like this would ever happen.

Time passed, the bond only getting stronger. They're received a name, a purpose, a life. It was to stay with the princess whenever needed. They have gotten familiar with the routes around the kingdom, the hideaway areas the princess and the guard they had learned was named Chara would go to, and the identities of the ones the princess would come across.