chapter 44- new plan

The maids all gently placed the lunch platter down in front of their respective owners. The group of skeletons simply chowed down in silence since it wasn't just the 14 skeletons present in the dinning hall. Alphys was seated next to Cross, silently eating her serving of noodles which she gave precise instructions on how to prepare.

Dream, who was seated next to Cross was still a bit weak, and Cross' anxious aura was not helping, in result, Dream couldn't enjoy his meat and potatoes very well.

"Are you usually this silent during meals?" Alphys suddenly spoke, breaking the tense silence over the dinning hall. The skeletons looked around each other before Ink decided to be the one to talk for the group.

"Of course. It's a bit rude to talk with mouths full of food, don't you think?" His hand felt a bit cold on his lap, holding back awkward chuckle as he simply gave Alphys  a smile.

"...Hm. I thought this program the royals had organized was for social interactions... Interesting." she took out the clipboard she always had and wrote something down. This action gave the skeletons the impression that Ink said something wrong.

Ink rigidly turned to the person beside him, which was Error, his smile now a bit pained, knowing he failed the group, ink leaking from him mouth, Error silently chuckled and helped wipe it away.

'So she'll be taking note of some things..' Nightmare thought to himself.
'This will be a bit of an issue...'

~~~~~~~~~

"I thought she'd mainly be here to check on Cross" Geno was the one voicing his thoughts right now. The group was back in the painting they've been using as a meeting room.
"Cross didn't even do anything, but she took notes!"

"Maybe she's mainly here because of him, but since we're his environment, she'd have to keep tabs on us too?" Killer suggested, stating a pretty good point.

"That would make sense since influence is always an important factor when it comes to individuals and their behavior."Sci agreed with Killer, casually sitting on a pillow while snacking on a box of Pocky, Fell constantly poking the little scientist for some as well.

"Who knows, they could've just used the 'checking up on Cross' reason as a cover up, and was actually here to gather information about the other kingdoms through us." Reaper suggested as well, Dust nodding in agreement with that thought as well.

"Come on guys, we might just be overthinking things. Who knows, she might just like doodling or trying to figure out her to-do list for the day." Blue tried to reason, only to have a few heads shake in disagreement.

"From what I know, She already has her to-do list for the day figured out the moment she wakes up.. Or maybe weeks or months before... She's not that careless, Blue.." Cross informed, a small frown on his face since its only morning and they're already having problems.

"Or!-" Lust snapped his fingers, gaining everyone's attention as he leaned against Horror. "This might be some sort of trial Cross' dad had made both for him and us. Since we're going to be the heir to the thrones, I think he'd want to know what kind of royals he'd be dealing with."

The group all heard out Lust's assumption before turning to Cross, wanting to know if that possibility is plausible. Cross simply looked down as he thought to himself.

"... I do hear him questioning the future of the other kingdoms at times... Maybe this could actually be a trial."

"And I already made a mistake." Ink groaned a bit, burying his face into a pillow, upset at his own mistake even though they never thought things would be this way.