chapter 41- Believe me

Nightmare just looked at Cross blankly, his glowing cyan eye blinked for a moment before just looking at him in disappointment.
"You know, you don't really need to make up all that nonsense just to cover up the fact you have a kid with you."

Cross was surprised to hear what he was saying. How would he even know about Chara? And why didn't he believe he when he told him a huge revelation regarding Dust's former home kingdom.
"But-- I-I'm being serious about all that! It wasn't a joke!"

"Sure, yeah I believe you." Nightmare said sarcastically, crossing his arms, still not believing what Cross was going on about.

Cross was going to continue on before deciding it would be best to just stop there, he won't say that he told him so later on. Cross sighed, giving up as Chara finally woke up.

"Fine, you're right. I can't say much more regarding the matter." Cross said as Chara looked at the two in confusion.

'Cross, what's the discussion about? You look tense. Is he asking you out?'
This was a serious question since Chara had no idea what's going on.

"That kid is the same one that was in that jigsaw puzzle, isn't it?" Nightmare questioned, Cross just looking down before nodding. It was then that Chara finally understood what was happening.

'Cross, what are you doing?!? You're not supposed to be telling anyone about me! He'll find out and we'd-'

'I had no other choice, he found out himself.' Cross cut Chara off, replying to him via his thoughts before looking back up to Nightmare.

"Please don't tell anyone else, I don't want them to be dragged into this mess." Cross begged, but it didn't faze the taller, keeping his icy gaze on him.

"I'm afraid that I cannot do that for you." Nightmare simply answered, Cross's face slowly turning to one of dread, the same could be said for Chara, though Nightmare continued.

"It's not that I don't want to, but they need to know about your friend as well so that we could get a better understanding of what's going on. I have a feeling that it'll be important at some point."

Nightmare had a point, Cross and Chara knew that.. But the consequences... Cross sighed before turning his attention to the frantic ghost boy beside him.

'This just became a mass suicide mission, and that's saying a lot since it's coming from me!!' Chara had a reason to fear something like this. It's most likely that he already died once, it wouldn't exactly be great to die a second time.

'Calm down, he wants to help us.. I hope... I know for a fact that he's not stupid, so there's a high chance that we could actually tell him all the we know without the consequences.' Cross assured his ghost companion before being brought back to reality from Nightmare clearing his throat.

"I take it you're talking to him now. Are you able to have him be visible enough for me to see.. And hear? I'd like to have a word or two with him." Night requested. The two monochromes looked at each other for a moment before having Chara be visible for Nightmare.

"What do you want, Octopus?.."

(Meanwhile~~~)

"I feel like I committed a sin."
Ink was at a stairwell with Error, away from the main halls of the castle as if hiding from all castle personel like criminals. In his hands was a piece of bread, already cold from him not taking a single bite of it since he first got it.

"Don't be dramatic, you just took a piece of bread from the kitchen. It was bound to go to us regardless."Error assured, having been seated beside the artistic prince.