Forgotten on my death bed

Vegeta's vision was blury when he woke. How long had he been out?

The smell of alcohol wipes and handsanitizer along with the sound of birds chirping and human chatter filled his senses.

I'm in the hospital.

That's when he heard it. Sobbing. Hushed, depressed Sobbing.

'Who's crying? Why?'

Vegeta blinked a few times gaining his vision back. He looked at his wet lap. A man. A very handsome man, laid there on his lap.

'His hair is so.. wild.'

Vegeta gently placed a hand in the man's hair and played with it merrily.

He didn't notice but when he did the man stiffened. Shocked of his actions.

The man lifted his head staring at vegeta as of he'd just seen a miracle in person.

"..V-vegeta..?" Goku smiled lovingly.

He didn't know who this Vegeta was, but whoever they were. They were very lucky.

But not many seconds later that beautiful smile twisted into an angry frown.

"What the hell is wrong with you?! Just leaving me like that!? Why would you commit seppuku. And you had to do it in my arms!?! After I thought I saved you!?!!"

"I-i yo- who are you? Who's vegeta? What's seppuku? Am I asking too many questions?"

Goku looked surprised. His mate had completely forgotten about him. Everything other than the basics. And even worse that curious glint in his eyes made him look like a child...And he also acted like one... but sounded like vegeta...

________________________________________________________________

Goku could hardly believe the doctor, though his new unusual childish behavior gave it away.

Vegeta had amnesia.

His ki blast had barely missed the parts of the brain that kept him functioning, but now he had forgotten everyone and everything.

"What's that?" Vegeta said pointing to a bird and tugging on goku's shirt childishly. Goku couldn't lie.

It was cute having Vegeta like this.

And he was glad he wasn't dead.

But it wasn't vegeta.

At least the one he fell in love with.

This one had forgotten him.

"Hello? Goku?" Goku jolted and stared at vegeta in disbelief. "No. No no. Nonononono!" He said putting his hands to either side of his head. "B-but-" Vegeta started, getting anxious to goku's outburst. "-wasn't that w-what the doctor called you?"

"Yes but-" Goku sighed seeing the panic in vegeta's obsidian eyes. "He did."

Vegeta started crying. "Then why did you get mad at me?!" Vegeta sniffled. "And- and-" Goku wrapped an arm around Vegeta and put to fingers to his head.

Vegeta took one last look around still confused before the scenery around him changed to a two story house. The sight of the house brought a delightful and painful feeling onto his shoulders.

I know this place.

I had to.

It was familiar.

Very familiar.

Vegeta stuck his nose in goku's shoulder and inhaled heavily.

I know that smell.