Little

"Vegeeeta! I folded your clothes come put em away!" Goku called from downstairs, he furrowed his brow as he heard feet quickly scurring around upstairs. But it was.. a stomping similar to that a child did when they were hiding during a game of hide and seek...

"Okay... But first you have to find me!"

Goku snapped his head to the stairs. oh hell no. What did his husband just say?! To the MASTER of hide-and-seek?!

"Fine Vegeta! You have til I figure out how to count to fifteen!"

He heard giggling and more scurring, quieter than before.

.. Giggling..? ...From Vegeta? Since when did a blood thirsty, sociopathic, masochistic, manic like Vegeta giggle?

Oh he was gonna get it now..

Now that Goku had heard Vegeta giggle, he wanted to hear it again. Almost like when they first had se-

"One!" Goku said as he finished folding his side of the clothes in the basket.

"Two!" The sound of things being moved and shuffled could be heard from all the way downstairs.

"Th- is it three or five? .... Ten!" He began to make his way to the stairs, trying to stay calm as he heard more giggles.

"Sevente- wait wasn't I on nine? Never mind- Here I come!" He started trudging up the stairs. He took a look around to see nothing but a messy room.

"Oh so we're playing like this huh?" Goku said listening carefully for anymore giggling. And sure enough to his luck he heard the tempting giggles from right behind...

"Ah ha!" Goku said spinning around quickly, sure enough vegeta was right there giggling with a hand over his mouth like a high school girl who's spreading rumors. But that quickly changed, he dropped his hand and his face showed no recognition.

"Vegeta are you oka-"

"You're not Ocanaii!" Vegeta yelled his eyes watering a bit. Goku raised a brow, "who's Ocanaii? You never mentioned anyone named Ocanaii.. "

"..Ocanaii is my play date.. Do- do you know where he is?" Vegeta slowly got out of his hiding spot and looked around. "I.. I don't think I'm supposed to be here.."

Goku sighed squatting down, all of this was a lot to take in. "Vegeta, can I ask you a question?" Vegeta nodded his head gently as he slowly got closer to Goku from behind the boxes he moved. "What year do you think it is?"

Vegeta blinked. What kind of question is that? "It's the age 740, sir"

Goku's eyes widened. It was currently the age 780.

"Wow then, umm. Fuck i- should we tell bulma about this?"

"Who's bulma?"

"Yep"

"Who's bulma?"

"Then it's settled, we'll go see bulma and get you all fixed up."

"Who's bulma?"

"Then maybe we can have a big dinner at bulma's!"

"Who's bulma?"

"Shush vegeta I'm thinking."

"... "

"... "

"Who's-"

"And then we could-! " Goku yelped as vegeta kicked him in the shin. He laid back laughing as vegeta came over to see if he was alright.

"I'm serious who's bulma?" Goku watched vegeta brush his bangs back with his hand, before the hair went back down in front of his face.

"She's a pretty lady with blue hair you used to be married to."

"Used to be married to? But I'm eight... Unless father was being honest..?"

"Honest about what?" Goku asked sitting back up, " here let's take this down stairs to the living room and then you can tell me okay?"

He heard vegeta sniffle before agreeing. They made they're way down stairs, with vegeta clung to goku's side, to the sofa where Goku was originally folding clothes. Goku sat down and patted the seat next to him encouraging the prince to sit.

"What was your dad being honest about?" Goku asked leaning forward onto his arms, which were on his thighs, fingers entangled.

"... I can't remember" vegeta lied, he didn't really want to share such detail with a stranger, no matter how nice or good-looking they were.

"Hey, look at me" Goku pulled vegeta's face to look at him, wiping off stray tears. "You don't have to tell me anything if you don't want to. And I'm okay with that. But I'm gonna tell you what I told older you."

"Older me?" Vegeta asked, clearly confused.

"Yes, older you. But I want you as well to hear this. It's important that you communicate with me, or we're both going to be in a lot of pain. Got it?"

Vegeta nodded his head gently, "good. Now let's go see bulma!" Goku immediately brightened up the mood, "c'mon let's go" he stuck his hand out for the prince.

This was going to be one hell of a day.

Credits to Fandoms_Bitch