Family Photo

Not my picture^^^

Vegeta raised a brow as he heard rapid footsteps nearing his bedroom door. Surely no one would be foolish enough to bother him whilst he was in his room, right?

Wrong.

The sound of small knocks and simple pleading for him to show himself resonated from the other side of the door.

"Please Mr.Vegeta? Pretty please? With gloves on top?" his step son begged innocently.

"Shut up Goten, that's not gonna work." His biological son whispered, "we wanted to do something nice for everyone..and we really think you'll like it too..."

Vegeta squeezed his arms in silence, biting his inner lip as he thought. He sighed as he stood, slowly making his way to the door. He froze by the door, breathing heavily as his chest constricted.

"Dad, I know you want your alone time but-" Trunks jumped when the door violently opened.

"What?" Vegeta asked, as if he were upset.

Trunks panicked internally, his anxiety spiking as he made eye contact with his father, "w-we wanted to know i-if you wanted to come t-take family photos with us?"

"Didn't we already take one of those?" Vegeta asked suspiciously.

"Yeah.. But that was when you and mom were married.." Trunks scratched his palm with dull nails.

Vegeta released a short puff of air from his nose, seeing how stressed his heir was. "Fine." He pursed his lips, "but I'm not doing anything silly, just one photo and I'm done, ya hear?" His heart flushed with warmth seeing the smile on Trunks' face grow huge.

Trunks pulled on Vegeta's arm as Goten raced forward, leading the way.

"This way! This way!"

"C'mon dad!"

The boys giggled excitedly, filling the Prince's ears with such delightful sound. Trunks finally led Vegeta outside to where bulma was taking pictures.

"Morning Sleepyhead! Glad to see you join the party!" She smiled brightly, waving to the man being dragged by his son.

Goku smiled as he saw the scene. When the two got close, he gave Trunks a small fist bump and a smile as he whispered, "good job!"

Trunks grinned as they all stood in a line, he held his hand out for Goten. Goku smiled down at the kids, at their happy faces, at their cheerful banter. Vegeta couldn't help but watch his sons. He felt pride in them, and he was joyous that he was still able to see his son on a daily basis, that Goten had accepted him as a parental figure.

Trunks looked up at his father, he smiled to himself seeing the man look away. He heard Goten laughing, still smiling he looked back at his now step brother.

"Say 'cheese'!" Bulma said as she got in position to take the picture.

"I wouldn't laugh so hard Goten, you'll look funny in the picture!"

"Too late!" Bulma laughed, coming back with the photo. She held it out for everyone to see.

Vegeta walked away before even getting to look. He didn't care, not really. He'd remember this, so what was the point of a picture that could easily be destroyed?

Trunks frowned seeing his father stalk away, unaware that Goku had noticed, he snapped his head back when Goku offered him the photo. "Vegeta forgot to look at the picture, do ya mind showin' it to him?"

Trunks grew a small smile as he took off. He caught Vegeta right before he shut his room door.

"What is it now, boy?" Vegeta questioned, resting his hands on his hips.

"I-i wanted to show you the photo. I'll be quick?" He hoped his father would cave, and to his luck he did.

Vegeta sighed, "fine, just come in." He made room for Trunks to walk in, shutting the door behind him.

Trunks stood in the middle of the room before the photo was snatched from his hands. His eyes met the photo being held captive in Vegeta's hands.

Vegeta studied the photo as he sat on the bed. He could feel a small smile tugging at his lips. Trunks watched with mixed feelings. He sat on the bed next to his father. "When you and Goku leave, will me and Goten still get to see you?"

"Of course you will. You're as much my son as Goten is Kakarot's offspring." He wrapped an arm around his son and rested his forehead on Trunks'.

"I love you dad." Trunks cried, his voice cracking as he hugged his father.

After a second of hesitation, Vegeta wrapped his other arm around the boy.

Although Vegeta didn't say another word, Trunks heard his "I love you" loud and clear.