I love you

Warning:
Mention of rape
Branding

If you are sensitive to either of these subjects then you may not want to read this, but it gets more wholesome at the end so do what you do.

Vegeta was branded as a young teen. His father was forced to press the hot rod against his first born's skin, however Freiza was the one who decided the symbol and placing.

Vegeta hates the thing. The prominent skull (resembling Frieza's third form) with horns on either side of the head (resembling Frieza's second form) and a tail (resembling Frieza's final form) forming a circle around it. It was about the size of his fist. Frieza decided to have it put right of his right hip bone A reminder of who he belonged to.

Vegeta vividly remembers that day, he remembers Frieza's sick and sadistic grin as he watched the soft skin become coarse and bleed as it burned and scarred. He remembered how Frieza would proudly run his fingers over it every time he was dragged into that godforsaken room to be used and humiliated. He remembered his father crying into his ear how sorry he was, how it was almost over, how proud he was of how well he was handling the pain.

Now it was hard for him to be intimate. Despite being with his mate, he'd always been afraid of this day. Kisses and hot breaths were shared, sweaty muscular bodies pressed together, no space between.

He tried so hard to keep both his and his husband's focus away from the horrid reminder. However, his attempts were futile, as Goku caught glimpse of it whilst kissing down his body. Goku halted, leaning forward to study the image branded onto his partners rough skin.

"Is it just me or does this look a heck of a lot like Frieza?"

Vegeta's eyes snapped open and he quickly forced himself into a sitting position, covering the mark with his hands.

"Get out." He demanded coldly.

Goku looked at him confused. "Why?"

Vegeta pushed him off of his body repeating himself as tears began to swell in his eyes. "Get out!"

Goku's brows furrowed, something was off. He looked into Vegeta's watery eyes. He was about to cry. Goku squeezed Vegeta's body and buried his face in his stomach. He was still getting used to this, aiding the prince in dealing with his issues.

"Shh. It's okay Vegeta. It's okay, I promise." He stayed still even as he was hit, scratched, and his hair was pulled.

Eventually Vegeta tired himself and leaned over Goku as he cried. "Why won't you leave? Why do you care?"

Goku lifted his head just enough to see Vegeta's eyes. "Because I love you, not own you, no one owns you." He cautiously kissed Vegeta gently, watching for any signs of denial.

Vegeta wrapped his arms around Goku's neck, pulling him into a hug. "I hate you..." He cried into Goku's shoulder.

Goku comforted him. "That's okay... Everything you're feeling right now is real, valid. It's okay to feel these things."  Goku smiles as he hears Vegeta's breathes become more relaxed and he hugs Goku back.

He waits until Vegeta has stopped crying and relaxed to his full capacity. "I love you." He expected no answer, like usual, but instead he was pleasantly surprised.

"... I.. I..love you.. Too.." Vegeta feels both a weight lifted off him, but also a strange, warm feeling in his stomach, "I love.. You.." A tear of joy runs down his eyes as he finds he can't stop. "I love you.."

This has been in my drafts way too long. a lot of these have. I have like 17 I had to finish, so I've just been binging them. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯