Strength

"Dammit! Dammit! Dammit!" Vegeta hit the floor over and over again, tears of frustration streamed down his face.

"Why? Why?! Why do I always lose?! Why am I so weak as to lose to you so many times?!" He gripped the grassy floor so hard it crumbled in his grasp.

Goku landed nearby, staring at Vegeta in pity. He knew this would happen eventually, thirty years of constant failure would get to anyone. Still, the sight of the prideful prince weeping and breaking down was heartbreaking. He walked toward the fallen saiyan slowly, cautiously as he spoke.

"You are not weak, Vegeta."

Vegeta glared at him, "of course you'd say some shit like that! Why are you still here?! Leave already! I know you feel disappointed with me being your prince so just go!"

"Vegeta-"

"Leave!" Vegeta began weeping again, "please, just leave me alone.."

Goku steps closer, before sitting down next to the broken prince. "Sometimes, power isn't what makes you strong." He looked at Vegeta, "It's asking for help."

Vegeta glared back, teary eyed, "why would I give up and let you win? Why would I give you the opportunity to get stronger than me and leave me in your dust, yet again?"

Goku sighed and closed his eyes, leaving himself wide open to any attack, "asking for help, doesn't mean you're give up. It means you refuse to give up."

Vegeta regulated his breathing, wiping his tears, and avoiding eye contact with Goku. "..." He sniffled, looking down at his hands. "I.. I don't think.. I can do this on my own.." He said, wiping away stray tears.

Goku patted vegeta's back, "No one can. Even I need help. Would you like my help, Vegeta?" He asks gently, waiting patiently for a response.

Vegeta sniffled once more, before nodding. Goku gave him a hug, "The most difficult person to forgive, is yourself. In order to grow, you need to heal." Goku said.

"Quit with the fancy talk." Vegeta said, turning back to Goku. "What do you want with me? How do I.. Heal?"

Goku opens his eyes, "Open old wounds, and and receive the aid you need." He looks at Vegeta, "Let yourself be vulnerable to someone you trust, and receive the kindness you were never shown."

Vegeta thinks to himself.

"Can I tell you a story?"