Sprayed With Water

Vegeta took deep breathes, hiding in the washroom of his rival's territory wasn't his initial plan today.

It was his son's birthday, more specifically the age where, in saiyan years, one became independent. Began the process of becoming an adult.

However, in human heritage it was just twelve.

That wasn't the reason he was tucked away in Kakarrot's chambers. He glared at his arms, which trembled with the muscles in his shoulders.

He clasped his fingers together in an attempt to keep himself from twitching as much.

No, he was in here for a much different reason.

Probably a stupid one.

One he didn't understand, definitely.

He just froze. His chest hurt, his throat closed up on him. Was it an allergic reaction? He'd heard of it before.

When he was asked if he was okay, he squeezed his bottle too hard, causing it to crack and shatter.

They began asking him questions, questions he couldn't hear, questions he couldn't answer.

He wanted to, he swore he wanted to, but he couldn't.

An explosion, someone knocking over a table. He took his chance to run whilst the peering eyes left him.

And now here he was, too stubborn to leave yet too... Too what? Too afraid to stay?

Maybe he was, and that scared him.

A soft knock at the door made his heart jump out of his chest.

"Hey you in there buddy?"

There it was, that feeling. He wanted to answer, but he couldn't. He wanted to so badly.

"Geta? It's okay, I locked the door so it's just us."

"U-" he shut his mouth as the pressure felt similar to strangulation.

"What was that? Could you open the door? I can't hear you."

Vegeta stared miserably at the handle he'd locked, unsure of what to do. It was weird to be here, wasn't it?

Another knock, softer than the first, "hey, it's okay buddy. You don't have to say anything. Could you just open the door please? I need to clean off the mess I made, I fell into a table."

The corner of Vegeta's mouth twitched, of course it was that clumsy idiot.

"I know y'ur laughing at me in there."

That earned a small huff of a giggle from him.

"Hey! I heard that!"

Now, actual sound escaped him, and he heard the difference in his voice. Which reminded him of the reason the door was locked in the first place.

The was a small quiet, where Vegeta worked up the confidence to speak up again.

"Kaka-" he stopped, unsure of how to phrase what he was about to say.

"Yeah? What's up?"

He breathed, "are we-"

"You promise-?"

He couldn't phrase it, whatever he was trying to say. It was impossible. The bastard was probably giggling on the other side of the door.

"Take your time, I won't judge."

Right, it wasn't in Kakarrot's genetics to be mean. Not to someone in need.

He was in need?

"You won't?"

"Nope"

"Promise?"

"Pinky promise!"

Vegeta shook his head at the childish behavior. Silently, he unlocked the door. After a moment, the handle jiggled and the door swung open.

"Hey buddy." Goku smiled, he hadn't lied about being dirty. He was covered in dirt and grass stains on his back and knees, as well as as juices from the "finger food" set up.

"Hey, did somebody say something mean to you?"

Vegeta looked up from the floor, "what do you mean?"

"Well, you just look so sad, you're even crying."

He hadn't even realized he had been!

Hurriedly, the shorter man wiped his face, as if the tears were suddenly droplets of acid.

His wrist was caught in a big hand, small bits of tears smeared across his face.

He couldn't look at the younger man, this whole interaction was just too embarrassing.

His wrist was let go, and he covered the redness on his face. How humiliating for a prince to be caught in his hour of low by a low class!

Though he was left alone, he wasn't at ease.

He could hear the running water from the tub beside him, and made no attempt at peaking. He really regret his previous decision of opening the door. Oh how an enemy near by would do wonders for him right now.

Why couldn't Freeza try to kill them on a day like this?

Lost in thought, he didn't notice the faucet turning off until his wrist was snatched again by a now wet hand. He was pulled out of his seat and closed his eyes as he felt droplets of water being propelled at him.

When the assault ceased, his face scrunched in angry confusion, "Kakarrot, what the hell?!"

"If anybody asks," he stopped at the room's door, "You were sprayed with water."