Above The Clouds

This first part is playful; it may sound bad but I intended for this to sound like a scuffle between siblings rather than a "bag your bags and get out" argument.

Vegeta sighed as he stared at the paper. He looked back at Goten who sat with a smug look, frowning as he looked back at the paper. He was trapped no matter what move he made he'd lose.

He growled under his breath hearing Goten snicker quietly, trying not to laugh. There had to be another way, there had to be!

"Tic. Tac. Toe." Goten said with his father's grin on his face as he marked his three O's in a row. "I win. Again."

Vegeta let out a frustrated snarl and ripped the paper multiple times before dumping it on Goten. "I'm still the tic tac toe champion." Goten clasped his hands together and shook them on either side of his head, congratulating himself."

"Whatever! At least I didn't sneak out of studying to go sleep with my partner!" Vegeta stuck his tongue out, smirking when Chi Chi stood up immediately and started scolding the now teen.

More people walked into the, rather large, lounge area. He swiftly swiveled his head around to see his boyfriend with a stoic expression. His back slouched slightly, his arms were crossed tightly across his chest, a habit he picked up from Vegeta.

He got up and headed to where his lover was slouched, taking his alcoholic beverage with him, by the corridor leading to the dining room and kitchen. "Hey." He said grabbing the other's attention from something on the floor.

"Hey.." Goku sighed, he subconsciously started smiling a little as his eyes met with Vegeta's.

"What's on your mind, baby?" Goku felt his chest get tight at the words the left the older saiyan's mouth.

Goku made a slight grimace as Vegeta gently ran his hands along his arms. "Nothin' much," he lied, his mind was racing so fast his head was spinning.

Goku felt bile rise up the back of his throat, as Vegeta wrapped his arms around him. "I love you, kakarot."

"I.. I love ya too.. " Goku swallowed the lump at the back of his throat, as Vegeta pressed his lips against.

His eyes connected with Vegeta's as they parted. Vegeta furrowed his brows together in concentration, before his expression softened. He leaned in and whispered in his ear, "you wanna go for a milkshake?"

Goku nodded, not being able to agree to their code with words. He twitched involuntarily, before following the other outside.

"You guys ain't ditching to go bone again, right?" Trunks called across the space, then cried out when Gohan whacked him on the back of his head.

"Trunks!" Gohan shouted in shock.

"What?? I was just making sure!" Trunks sat back with his arms crossed against his chest and pouted.

Gohan sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose as he could still hear his mother scolding his younger brother. He brought his hands to the sides of his head rubbed his temples, smiling somewhat when Piccolo entered the building.

"Sorry I'm late, I had... Other things.. Going on.." He lied, hiding his hands behind his hands as he backed into the kitchen, assuring that his back was always faced in the opposite side just out of view.

"What? Sleeping?" Krillin joked with a grin on his face.

"I meditate!" Piccolo's cheeks became slightly purple.

"Don't even lie!"

More cheering and laughing and shouting were heard from inside when the door closed. The cold wind blowing rather harshly, picking up the loose snow from the ground and taking it along.

"You okay?"

Shit.

Goku nodded but avoided eye contact with his husband. He heard him taking off and followed him.

His eyes widened and a small yelp escaped his lips as Vegeta yanked him up into his muscular arms whilst he accelerated above the snow and above the clouds.

He stared into Vegeta's eyes which shone brighter than the stars in the galaxy. He felt one of Vegeta's arms unhook from his waist and come up to caress his cheek.

"I don't have a lot of love to give anymore, Kakarot, but you are worth all of it. You deserve all I can offer you and more. And I know that it's hard-" he paused to wipe away Goku's tears.

"- I know that it's hard for you to think that way. I know how you feel you don't deserve this, that someone, anyone else would be better for this." Vegeta inhaled deeply as he kissed Goku.

"You didn't get this kind of love in your old relationship, and I know it's weird being like this with me." His voice cracked and his eyes became glossy with tears.

"And that's okay. That's perfectly fine with me, you hear? You let me know when you wanna let me in-" their feet tapped onto the floor on the battle area of their first fight.

He wiped away more of Goku's tears that were rushing down his face like rivulets, as his spilled down his cheeks.

"-and I'll be there. Ten fold." He put his fist up so the back of his fist was facing Goku.

Goku couldn't find the words for just how he felt. There was so much he wanted to say, but nothing came out. He raised his own fist in the same manner as Vegeta's.

"Thank you." He finally ushed out as they bumped their hands together in a silent promise.

"Of course." Vegeta smiled when Goku wiped the tears off his face, and kissing the spots there were tears.

Vegeta placed his head on Goku's shoulder as Goku did the same. Vegeta smiled in content, whilst Goku cried more. He could stop himself from muttering the same two words.

"Thank you."

I love my sister so much. If you couldn't tell by now Goku is me and Vegeta is my older sister. I swear she is so amazing and I love her so much. I wouldn't be here without her and she wouldn't be here without me. And my younger sister. But whatever. I had a similar conversation with my sister earlier when she was all the way across the country, one that made me ugly cry. If your reading this sister, I love you so much, and I might not say it often although you already know, that you mean a lot to me. ❤❤