Early Cycle

Vegeta winced and curled tighter into a ball as another wave of heat hit. He felt like he was going to vomit and pass out at the same time.

Tears leaked from his eyes. Why had it come early this month?

If only he could get to the phone..

"Kakarot.." Vegeta whimpered out in pain as another more powerful wave hit. It felt as if his insides were being boiled. A tear puddled in his eye as the discomfort increased tremendously.

____

It was hot. Goku waved his hand at himself to help cool himself down, his sweat doing nothing. He felt a driving need, but it was far away enough that he was able to suppress it for the time being.

He noticed others smiling and waving at him from inside, the heavy glass door sliding open, "Goku, you know you don't have to stay outside, right? We have the A/C blasting right now, it's much cooler inside!"

Goku smiled awkwardly at Bulma, shaking his head, "I'm good for right now."

The petite woman stared a moment longer, almost sensing the lie, before shrugging a bit disappointedly and, closing the door once more, disappeared into the crowd. He let his smile drop to a stoic expression, as much as he would love to come inside, it smelled strongly of alcohol, weed, and body odor, and he'd rather just suffer outside in the heat.

Heat.

Goku felt a strange twist in his stomach as the word repeated itself in his mind, a strange sense of Deja Vu swirling within him. He checked his mental calendar, assuring himself that it was too early for Vegeta's heat cycle and that there was nothing to worry about.

He frowned as he looked over the empty balcony, nobody had wanted to stay outside with him. He felt a little sad and left out as he'd seen everyone smiling from inside the room just inside. If Vegeta were here, he would have stayed outside with him. Or maybe if Piccolo had shown up this time, but he knew neither would, not even Android 18 or 17 showed up. This was a party party, not just a celebration party, something they didn't want any part of.

He felt guilty for wanting to leave, and glanced down at his plastic cup with backwashed soda.

_________

Vegeta braced himself on his hands and knees, breathing heavily as he eyed the bathroom. All he wanted was a cold shower, maybe that could help him. He felt itchy along the back of his neck and just above his eyebrows. Wiping his fingertips over his forehead he noted with concern that it was slick, and when he looked at his fingers there was a thin, clear liquid coating the tips.

Fuck he was sweating!

This was bad, it had never gotten this bad before. He lifted his arm infront of him, putting weight on said arm as he leaned forward. Every muscle in his arm was screaming in protest, increasing his concerns.

When he finally made it to the tub his arms were trembling, and his legs refused to go any further. He sat up on his knees, reaching out for the shower knob with his flimsy arms. He only turned on the cold water, and briefly debated taking his clothes off before subconsciously throwing himself into the tub with his arms.

Now laying at the bottom of the tub, still fully clothed with what felt like lukewarm water pouring onto his side, he closed his eyes. He took a few deep breaths as he just laid there, feeling a blissful calm for a moment before the heat began to swell menacingly once more.

"Are you fucking kidding me..?" He whispered to no one, loathing himself as small beads of tears began to brim his eyes.

_________