Good Old Times

Goku laid in his bed, sick, old, and tired. The three things he never thought he'd have the displeasure of working with at once.

He was lucky that his wife watched after his most of the time, but even she couldn't look out all day every day. Since she got to a certain age she wasn't the same hard working, stay-at-home mother he'd always known. She became very depressed, and very, very weak.

Goku let his heavy eyes close. He let himself remember days in his long, luxurious prime, where he'd spent his time both protecting his loved ones whilst doing what he loved to. He let himself remember his friends, how he'd met them, how it seemed they only became "The Z Warriors" yesterday.

He let himself remember Vegeta.

He let himself remember the many nights they'd spent pushing one another to new heights. The nights they spent being passionate about more than fighting. The times they could confess those wrong feelings through action and loud as they wished.

He let himself remember the small things that he loved about being his lover. How great he felt when he was allowed to cuddle, how thoughtful he was when he made gifts, how excited he was when he received gifts in return.

Oh, the good old days.

Goku caressed the heart shaped jar on his necklace, smiling to himself as the metal felt warm with his body heat. He kissed the piece of jewelry, then laid it back on his chest.

He wanted to keep his lovers ashes as close as possible, letting himself remember that that's how Vegeta liked it.