Some wounds don't heal

Not even the sensu beans could fix them.

Not even dende could fix them.

Not even shenron could fix them.

Goku found this out the hard way.

When Vegeta got into a fight he couldn't win. All because that guy raped him and killed his mother. The thing is that man was quite attractive. A look from the outside and you'd thing he's a gentle, well behaved, man.

Nope.

Not only was he a pedophile, he only went after Vegeta specifically.

But turns out he was a god of destruction.

So he destroyed the dragon balls.

Right before he destroyed vegeta's right arm, left leg, and left eye.
Permanently.

So here he lay. It felt like only hours ago had he married the prince. He had figured out Vegeta was in love with him, and had been for a long time. And by knowing Vegeta only had a few years left to live. He made his dream come true.

At first he didn't know any better, he didn't love the prince.

Or so he thought...

___________

"Agh! Ahh!" Vegeta screamed as his true love thrusted into him harder. He gripped goku's right shoulder tighter.

Goku grunted. He didn't realize how much he had needed this.

How much he needed Vegeta.

He gripped Vegeta's hips tighter and went faster, pulling vegeta's hips down to meet his.

Soon they had climaxed and came down from their highs.

Goku watched vegeta's peaceful face while he slept.

He kissed his forehead before getting out of their bed.

He sighed and sat on the floor holding back tears.

He couldn't love his best friend right? 'But boys can't love boys. That's right. Right? Th-that's why master roshi only likes girls. That's gotta be it! ...Right...?' He looked up at his husband.

But his eyes drifted straight to vegeta's missing arm.

He couldn't hold back his tear anymore.

It was his fault entirely. He should've stopped him. Say something other than the 'vegeta no!'

He could've helped Vegeta fight. He could've distracted the god of destruction. Then again even beerus couldn't kill him. It took all of vegeta's strength and built up anger to beat him.

Goku stood up. He looked over vegeta's sleeping body. The bedding flat where his left leg should be.

Goku's face contorted into anger. The doctor, Bulma, Beerus, and Whis all said Vegeta only had a few years left to live.

________________

Goku woke and rubbed his eyes. The sun shining through the and gave a saccharine smile. It probably knew it would soon lose the lovable prince. He placed light kisses over vegeta's face neck and chest.

Vegeta woke up halfway and smiled just as sweetly, if not more happy, just to see goku's face when he woke. Then he frowned, realizing they were no longer in the dark and Goku could see his face, and started crying. Trying to hide his face in the blankets.

"I love you Vegeta. I love you so so so much. I wish I could gather all the love in the world into a ball and give it to you." He gently rubbed vegeta's figure in the blankets. " I don't care what you look like. Whether you believe it or not you can't stop me from loving you, no one can, and no one will."

Goku watched as vegeta's hair slowly come out along with most of his face.

He had covered his eye.

Goku smiled.

For one of the last times.

_________________

It turns out everyone's calculations were wrong.

Because of the severe internal damage Vegeta only had a few days to live.

So again.

There he lay.

I'm the grassy meadow he had not long ago buried Vegeta.

He slowly sat up with his fragile body and stared at vegeta's chest armor on his lap. It was like the real thing. But not close enough.

Goku chuckled. "I know you're here love!"

The wind blew through his hair and into his lap.

He smiled as a faint figure was visible in his lap only visable by the sunset rays. It turned around.

"Kakarot."

Goku smiled more.

"Vegeta." Flowers and leaves clashed into Vegeta, temporarily stunning goku until he saw it.

Vegeta's physical body returned. He leaned in and kissed Goku. Running his fingers through goku's grey hairs.

They leaned back from the kiss to breathe.

"It's been way too long since we did that." Goku laughed haorsely. Weakly.

Vegeta chuckled. When he died he got his old body, before the fight, back. So now vegeta had his forty year old body while Goku was reaching his mid hundreds.

"Look whose an old man now." Vegeta chuckled. "Bet you don't even know how long I've been dead." But his smile faded. "Bet you're time is coming soon... Bet you'll go to heaven too...." Vegeta's eyes became glossy. "And I'll be alone again.. Forever... In hell.."

Goku took vegeta's head into his hand.

"Then I'll go to hell with you!" Goku gave his, now rarely seen, Son smile.

That simple act made goku's death so much more bearable.

He ended up dying that day.

In that spot.

Buried right next to Vegeta.

His true love.

Guess it doesn't really matter whether you're a girl or boy.

Love

Is

Love

I will not apologize for this. But I will tell you I cried writing this. I'll see you next time my smutty fluffstuffs! Now don't mind me I'm gonna go cry.  🥲