Chapter 5

Nadia's POV:

Nadia's POV:

"Why did you give your keys to Toretto?" I asked as Brian drove us to 'The Pearl'. Brian seemed a little taken aback at my question. I don't think he likes to talk about his time in L.A. because he lost his job. However my curiosity won out and I had to ask. I had only met Toretto once when I was with Letty and he came to get her, he seemed like a nice person. A good person at heart that doesn't truly set out to hurt people but I think people get the wrong impression of him because of Linder and the wrench.

"I don't know. I've been thinking about that a lot myself but I have no idea. Maybe because in that moment I respected him more than I did myself. He wasn't stealing for fun and he wasn't the big, bad, evil guy that the police had made him out to be. He was a family man trying to help everyone he loves get by and keep the peace." The whole time Brian spoke he never looked at me, he focused on the road the entire time.

"Sorry for bringing it up. I've just been curious. You can ask me a question now, it can be as awkward or embarrassing as you like." I say trying to get Brian to open back up again.

"Who is your sister?" It took me a minute to process the question but when I did I just asked.

"What do you mean?"

"Well you said you were going to visit your sister after this job, so what's her name."

"Natalia, her names Natalia."

"Does she have a family?"

"Yeah, she's a nursery teacher but she had to take time off work recently to take care of her newborn son...I always wanted a child." I tell Brian using the made up story I told Nat about when I saw her last. I muttered the last part under my breath but somehow Brian still heard me.

"Why don't can't you have a baby?"

"It's all about timing Brian, you can't just decide to get pregnant and have a baby. You also have to have a home and financial security. I would also love for my child to have a happy family with two loving parents. What about you? Ever wanted kids?"

"Yeah...I grew up an only child, I always wanted a sibling. I always wanted to live in a nice home in the middle of nowhere, with a dog and a lot of kids." Brian explains with a smile on his face. As I was thinking about how similar our dreams sounded Brian called out.

"We're here!" Showtime I guess.

Brian and I got out of his car and met up with Roman who was leaning on the side of his car.

"Took you long enough. Let's get this over with." With that Roman started walking towards the entrance but instead of talking to the bouncer he waited for Brian to do the talking. Brian stood on the right side of the door while Roman stood on the left and I was in the middle.

"Hey, how you doing?"

"Good, what's your name?" The bouncer replies.

"We're guests of Mr. Verone."