Chapter 2

Nadia POV:Today is the day of the funeral

Nadia POV:
Today is the day of the funeral. I got ready to go to the funeral but left earlier to meet up with Mia. I have never met her before so she wanted to meet me before we go to the funeral together.
After I was dressed I grabbed my bag and left to see Mia.

——————————

——————————

I saw Mia at the cafe in her black dress, sitting at a table near the back.
"Hi Mia, I'm Nadia." I said in my normal accent (Russian) as I got to her table. I told her my real name because it is the name Letty and Dom know me by.
"Hi, it's nice to meet you. Sorry it's under such bad circumstances."
"It's not your fault. Besides it's nice to have someone you know at a funeral, if we didn't meet before hand, I would be the person everyone wonders about and how I knew Letty." I said. I knew that it was going to happen anyway but it is easier to tune it out if Mia is there.
Mia's phone started ringing while we were waiting for our drinks to arrive. I ordered a tea because I hate coffee and she ordered a coffee.
"Sorry, it's my boyfriend. I had to fly over from Rio and had to leave my son and him there as he is too young to fly. I'll be back in a second."
When Mia left a man came over with our drinks. I said thank you to him as he walked off.
It was 10 minutes later when Mia came back to the table.
"Sorry that took so long. Nico wouldn't stop crying until he heard my voice."
"You don't need to apologise. It's okay, but we should leave. It starts soon." I said. The last part a bit more solemnly. Mia nodded her head and picked up her things and got her coffee to go.
I got my bag and left the coffee shop.

——————————

We got to the cemetery and walked to where Letty was being buried. I sat at the front on the right near the end. Mia was to my left.
There were race cars lined up from where Letty's friends came to say goodbye.
"We have gathered here to pay our final respects to Leticia Ortiz. Let us reflect on her journey..." The priest started saying. I blocked most of it out. I loved Letty like a sister but hearing someone that didn't know her say all this just annoyed me. However it didn't stop me or Mia from crying, especially when I saw the casket. That's when it became real, the girl that helped me through so much shit in my life was now dead.  That's the second person I saw as a sister that I have had to bury.
I was also pissed because there were a bunch of FBI agents watching the funeral from afar just to see if Dom will turn up. Who does that? It's so disrespectful to stand opposite all these mourning people, take pictures and drink coffee. What arseholes.