Chapter 1

Nadia's POV: When I arrived at the race with Giselle it was packed

Nadia's POV:
When I arrived at the race with Giselle it was packed. It was like a any regular street race but it wasn't, it felt different here.
"I have to go speak to Campos. Meet me up there in 10 for when the drivers get up there." Giselle told me before walking off and up the stairs.
I was hired as tech support, basically. I have the added fact that I could kill anyone here with my pinky but all they know is I have a little fight training. They don't know to what extent which makes it a good secret weapon.

I was walking around when I heard my name get called and not my fake name, my real name.
"Nadia?"
I turned around to see someone I hadn't seen in years.
"Letty?"
We both gave each other a big hug. Neither of us are much of huggers but we haven't seen each other in so long.
"What are you doing here, Letty?" I ask her, my Russian accent thick.
"I'm racing."
"What? Why?"
"I need that spot. I need to bring Dom home."
"Your the informant." I say quietly so that only the two of us can hear.
"Yea- wait...How did you know that?"
"I was sent here undercover to protect you."
"I don't need protection."
"The last 3 informants have been killed by Braga. I need you to survive, Letty and if that means I have to spend a few shitty months here to keep an eye out from the inside. Then I will."
A smile grows on Letty's face. "Thank you." She says sincerely. We hug again but as we are hugging I see Giselle calling me over to the stairs.
"I have to go. Love you, good luck." I say giving her a kiss in the cheek before running over to the stairs.
"Who was that?" Giselle asked.
"No one." I say as I walk past her and up the stairs.

——————————

"So your the new techie." Is the first thing I hear as I walk out of the stairwell. To them I am an American tech genius who wanted some extra cash. Which means I have to have an American accent around them.
As I can around the corner I saw a group of 4 men. 1 of them was Campos and the other being Fenix and the last 2 were just goons.
"Today you'll be helping Giselle with the drivers." Campos says to me. He turns to Giselle and asks her to go and get the drivers with me.
I follow after her and we go back downstairs.
"Go get that girl you were with earlier and I'll get the other three."
"Okay" I say before walking away from her and to the right where I saw Letty's car.
"Letty!" I shout to her over the sound of cars engines and music.
"Hey, what's up?"
"You have been summoned." I tell her but I only get a confused look in response. "The guy running the race, he wants to talk to you...well, actually, all the drivers." She nods her head in understanding.
"Alright, give me a second." She says. She goes back to her car and gets a jacket out of the passenger seat. "Let's go." She says walking ahead of me. She then stops and turns around to me.
"I don't know where I'm going, maybe you should lead."
I nod my head and go in front. We walk back to the stairwell and see Giselle there with the other drivers.
"Let's go, guys." Giselle said as she lead the way. I let everyone go in front of me and went up last. I see goons lined up behind Campos and his trusted workers, like Fenix, was sitting on a table to the side. I stand next to Giselle by the table next to the drivers.
"Here there they are. You know why your here. Your good drivers that's why you were scouted but now it's time to prove how good you really are. Braga needs real drivers, not the ones that drive their 10 second cars in a straight line but to push it and make it through places no one else would take it."
"So what are we hauling?" Letty asks. All the other workers seem shocked that she would ask such a question but I think it is valid. You should know what you have in your car but it doesn't seem like anyone else agrees with me.
"With what Braga is paying, you don't need to know." Campos said trying to stop her from digging.
"You said you wanted real drivers. Real drivers know what is in their car." Letty replies wanting an answer.
Fenix stands up and goes near her but not too close.
"A real driver? You don't have to race."
Letty looks at the other guys that work for Braga and sees them getting annoyed. She decided to back off because she doesn't want to die, she needs to bring Dom back. She backs up slightly with a smile on her face and puts her hands up.
"I only asked a question, no need to get angry. I'll race, no need to worry about that." She said putting her hands down.
Campos motions towards Giselle and I. We go to the drivers and give them GPS. I hand one to Letty and the guy next to her and Giselle does the other two.
"Is anyone closing these streets?" One of the other guys asks.
"You realise he said real drivers, right? Real drivers can race on open roads. They don't need them to be closed to win." Letty says without looking up from the GPS.
"The lady's right. No ones closing these streets, that's the point. Go get your cars in line, I'll see the winner at the finish line." Campos said.
The drivers walked downstairs and got in their cars. They bought them to the front and lined them up to race.
There was no way to watch the race, I just had to wait at the finish line with Giselle and Braga's goons.
Luckily the only person to finish was Letty. She got congratulated by the people that came to see when she got out her car but they quickly dispersed when Campos went up to her with Giselle.
"You work for Braga now. When the GPS calls, you follow." He then walks off leaving just Giselle and Letty. I walk over to them as Giselle starts to ask Letty for her driving license.
"What driving license?" Letty questions.
"Thumb print." Giselle asks pulling out her phone. Letty puts her thumb print on it to scan.
"Good luck." Giselle tells Letty. She walks off back to her car to go back home.
"See you later, Letty." I says giving her a quick hug.
"See you in a bit, Dina." She whispers to me knowing I use a fake name when undercover.
We both get into our cars and leave.

———————————

(This was her outfit for the party)

The next time I see Letty was at the party Braga throws. I was forced to come because I work for him, and Giselle made me. I hate parties, the only thing you can do is dance, drink or have sex. The only appealing thing right now, out of that list is drinking.
When I go to the top floor I see Braga having a chat with Letty. I don't go over there as I don't want to bring attention to myself but I do keep and eye out to make sure Letty is okay or if she needs me to get her out of there.
I was sat at the bar with vodka when I heard Letty appear next to me.
"Corona, please." She asks the bartender. "How have you been, Dina. You getting better with everything that happened." She asks.
"Yeah, I guess. I have my good days and my bad ones. I was in a relationship but it ended badly."
"What happened?"
"We had an argument, he had lied to me about his job, was never around but then he called me a hypocrite because I was always lying to him. But we met when I was undercover and a part of me wanted to stay as Nadine because it was easier than being 'Nadia, the best assassin that ever lived.' But then he left after the fight and after a week I couldn't keep waiting, I was scared I would be waiting forever for him to come back. So I left, went back to work and got a new mission. Then straight after that I was called into this one."
"Damn, girl, you have had a rough time of it haven't you?"
"Don't even get me started on everything else. But in a happier note, how are you and Dom?" I ask.
"That's a tough question. We were together in the Dominican Republic ever since he became a fugitive here but then he left because the government was closing in. He left while I was asleep. I am pissed but I also understand where he was coming from."
"At least you'll have him back when all this is over."
"Yeah, that's the only thing that is making me do this crap. That Campos guy is so full of himself. By the way, what happened to your accent? You had a Russian accent the other day."
"I do have a Russian accent but I go English or American for undercover. Russian accents get you noticed more. I can do others when I need to though."

The rest of the night we spoke to each other until early hours of the morning. Then we left and went back to our own homes.

———————————

The morning after the party I was called in by Campos. They said that it was time to do the job. I went with them to Mexico and helped Giselle track the cars and get them through the tunnel undetected. I didn't know that was the last time I would see Letty.
A day after smuggling the drugs across the border, I got a call from Doms sister. She told me she had heard a lot about me from Dom and Letty but that she had bad news. Letty had been murdered last night. I started crying in the phone, I tried to stay quiet but she heard me.
As soon as she said that I knew who ordered it but I couldn't kill him because I didn't know who he is. But I know that Dom will be back and he can help me find out who Braga is and make him pay for killing Letty. My best friend.

(A/N: I am taking inspiration for Nadia from Villanelle in Killing Eve.)