Chapter 14

Nadia's POV:

Nadia's POV:

After an hour alone at the gravestone everyone starts to join me. Мама and Папа came here this morning, now it was my turn and after it'll be Andy's.

Sarah is the first one to run up, just seeing her bought a smile to my face.

"Hi, auntie. Hi, mum." She said as she sat beside me, looking at the stone. "I miss you but I know that your helping all the people in the sky, just like you did here. Your my superhero mum and I hope I get to be like you when I grow up. I want to fight the bad guys and save the world from giant purple aliens, like in my stories you wrote for me."
She goes silent for a minute before she starts talking again.

Andy had made it up the hill, carrying the baby carrier. Melina and Alexei not too far behind.

"I miss you, mum. I still hope that you'll walk through the door and this will all be a nightmare. I want you to make me breakfast or fall asleep with dad on the sofa. I miss our family snuggles when we watch movies. We still do it but it's not the same. Dad tries to help me but I know that he is hurting too and I just want to help him. Please mummy, even though you aren't here anymore, please help. I want daddy to smile properly again and laugh. You're a superhero so you can do anything, please do this." Sarah pleads. She starts to cry and although I'm not the best with feelings, she is my niece so I wrap her up in my arms and let her cry.

This is a hard day for all of us which is why we all have our own time at the gravestone but we also all have a picnic together. It's a way to keep her memory alive and remind the kids of who their mum is.

——————————

It was an hour later that we got everything set up.

"Auntie, can you tell me a story about mummy. A new one."

"Of course, мое маленькое солнышко."

Everyone was sat on the blanket next to the gravestone. Mum and dad had pulled out the food and Andy was holding Nikolay. Once everyone had their food I told the story of how I met Natalia again.

Sarah decided we should act it out so as I was telling it we acted it out together, like a play.

"I was in Budapest, hiding from the bad guys. I had been there for a few months when Natalia appeared. She let herself in and we had an epic battle. I won, naturally but we were interrupted by the ceiling caving in.
A bunch of women in tactical gear came down the hole with their guns pointed around. The red glow gleaming from their guns, slowly hunting us.
Natalia pulled me along with her. We headed out and for the roof but they had someone watching from the other side of the building. They caught up to us so we had to improvise. There was a large pipe next to us so we both climbed on and kicked away from the rooftop.
The pipe, however, made an abrupt sound as it went as far as it could. Natalia was thrown below us and I was thrown into the glass window.
I ran down the stairs to check on Nat when I saw her with one of the agents.
I had pulled out a magical vial that frees you but as I came down the stairs and I saw her, I knew what had happened.
Dreykov. He doesn't care for anyone.
We then came up with a plan to save your дедушка. After saving him we went to find your бабушка. We crashed the plane and walked all the way to her house with her pet pigs.
We were all reunited." I tell Sarah. She loves stories about her mum but that one is her favourite.
(Grandpa) (Grandma)