Chapter 3

3rd POV:

3rd POV:

Dom had arrived in Tokyo and was going around racing anyone he could, making a name for himself in Asia. When he arrived to the races Han used to attend he found Sean, AKA: D.K. Or Drift King.

He knew that Han had mentored him as Sean seemed to be the most torn up about Han's death so that was who Dom needed to race. He found someone called Twinkie and went to talk to him about a race with the DK.

"Hey, you Twinkie?"

"Why? You wanna buy something or race someone?"

"The first part sounds sketchy but I want to race the DK." Dom says.

"I don't think tonight is a good time to race him."

"I knew Han. I know that sometime racing is easier than starting an awkward conversation."

"I'll ask him if he's up to it."

Twinkie walks off and over to a guy leaning on a car talking to a girl.

"Hey, yo, Sean! Hey, check this out, man. This dude over here wants to race the new DK."

"Not tonight, Twinkie." Sean said.

"He said he knew Han."

With that the race was on. Sean got in his car and went to the staring point, seeing a charger already on the line. They both looked at each other when one wasn't looking.

They both revved their engines when the countdown started and were off.

——————————

"Han said you was fast, but not that damn fast." Sean said, coming over to Dom.

"Who said American muscle can't drift?" Dom asks rhetorically.

"Han mentioned he left his enemies in his rearview. He never talked about it much."

"Always playing it close to the vest." Dom says but doesn't expand on the matter.

"We found a couple of things by the crash." Sean says, lifting up a bag. "Wasn't much left."

He passes a plastic bag to Dom, who takes it gently after seeing what it is.

A picture of Gisele.

"Gisele." He says but again doesn't explain it to Sean. Dom moves back and leans on the front of his car.

"Oh, yeah. There's one more thing."

Sean digs in the bag again, pulling out a necklace. But not any necklace, Dom's necklace. The one he gave to Letty in London.

"I found this. Must have meant something to him. When you find the guy that killed Han, what are you gonna do?"

Dom lifts the necklace up to his face, staring at it intensely.