Chapter 9

(Her dress for later is above)

Nadia's POV:

"Come on. Let's go, let's go." Verone said to Enrique and Roberto as they walked over to him. "I'm glad to see you boys are getting along so well because tomorrow, Roberto and Enrique are gonna be riding along with you. Just so we don't have any problems. I'll see you guys in a bit." Verone says before he walks off with Roberto and Enrique in tow.

I walk over to Brian and Roman from where I was standing on the boat, with my new rat in hand.

"What the hell was she doing in there man? No-wait... What were either of them doing in there?" Roman asked Brian after Verone and his posse left.

"She came to tell me something Verone said. About how he is going to kill us after we make the drop. Come on we have a - meeting...yeah, a meeting." Brian says quickly changing his answer when he realized I was still there.

"I know your undercover Brian and shouldn't you be coming up with a back up plan. In case it all goes to shit." I say before walking back into the boat to get my things.

When I walk back out they are still standing on the decking, doing nothing.

"Shouldn't you be getting changed or getting your stuff so we can leave." I said. It seemed like me speaking woke them up from whatever they were thinking about as they got up and they went to get their shit together.

I walked to my car and placed my clothes from the night before in the boot and grabbed my duffle bag that I keep in the back, in case of emergency. I grabbed out my spare clothes and replaced them with my clothes from last night. I only had a dress in the bag so I have to wear that. My rat, Irina, was put back in the box that I left in the boat until we was going to leave.

I walked back onto the boat with my change of clothes in hand and knocked on the window.

"Brian, can I come in. I need to get changed." I called out to him.

"Yeah, come in." He said back.

I walked in and past Brian, heading straight to the bathroom so I could get changed. Once I had finished putting on the dress, I folded up Brian's clothes and put them in a pile ready to give back to him.

I walked out of the room and handed Brian his clothes back.

"Oh, no. It's okay. You can keep them." He said giving them back to me. "I have loads of them. Use them as back ups." I smiled at him and said thank you which in turn made him smile back.

"I'm gonna put my things in my car. I can come with you if you want." I say. Not wanting to intrude on them.

"No. It's fine. I would love it if you came with us. You tend to help give us the best idea's when we need them or a kick up the arse." He says.

"Okay, then i'll go and put this in the car and I'll wait by your car." I say as I head towards the car holding the box with Irina inside. As I haven't gone home yet, I can't do anything but hold her.

As I am walking to Brian's car I run into Tej.

"Hey, Tej. You don't mind if I keep my car here today, do you? I promise it'll be gone by tonight."

"Yeah. That's cool."

"Thanks, Tej." I then wait by Brian's car for him and Roman.

3rd POV:

"Hey, man. You ready to go." Roman calls to Brian as he pops his head through the doors.

"Yeah, let's go." Brian says as he get's up. "Hey, you don't mind Nadine coming do you? It's just she asked if we wanted her to."

"That's fine. I like her, she has fire. I mean you saw what she did to Verone's boys right? I didn't just imagine that because that was amazing." Roman said getting excited thinking about how she beat up Roberto and Enrique.

"Yeah, I saw. She is cool isn't she and she seems to have a lot of secrets. Things she doesn't want anyone to know. Is it weird that I want to get to know everything about her? And just spend time with her?"

"Wow, homey. You got it bad. I thought you liked Monica but clearly I was wrong. I mean, maybe you did, but now you definitely like Nadine more. Like, I think you might love her dude. You get chest pains when you think about her with someone else? Did you like seeing her in your clothes yesterday? Plus, man, you are always worried about her. You pushed her behind you when Verone's boys pulled out their guns. You pulled her aside in the club to make sure she wasn't drunk and that she isn't an alcoholic. Man, I think you might be in love." Roman rants to Brian.

"I don't love her. I barely know her."

"You don't need to know someone to love them. Hence that whole 'love at first sight' bullshit. You get to know someone to know if you truly love them. So get to know her. Plus she is great at helping us with this job, why would it bother me if she came with us." Roman says as if it is the most obvious thing in the world.

Brian thinks about it when they walk to his car. Does he love her? Could he love her? What would their life together be like? What are her secrets? Why is she so closed off sometimes?

"Finally, I thought I might dry up and die in this heat while waiting for you two." Nadia says when she sees them.

"Sorry, we got caught up." Roman said to her as Brian unlocked the car.

"Come on. Don't you two have somewhere to be?" She said as she opened the back car door and got in with her Irina sat in her lap.

"I still don't get how you can like that thing?" Roman says as he gets in the passenger seat.

"Because she is an animal that has been treated badly and needs love. So i will give her the best life she can have." Nadia says which warms Brian's heart as he thinks about how caring she is and how great of a mother she'll be. With him or with someone else. Even though thinking about her with someone else sends a feeling through him that he now knows is jealousy.

"Come on, Brian. Let's go." Nadia said. Brian got in the car and started it up, heading for the fisheries where him and Roman meet with Bilkins and Markham.