Chapter 12

Nadia's POV:

Nadia's POV:

Today was the day. I had to go back into America for the day. I had a private jet picking me up in a few hours but I wanted to stay for the time trials. I hate being sat behind a desk just because I am pregnant.

Although, I understand it's to protect the baby but when your whole life is basically an action movie, it gets weird when everything slows down.

——————————

It is an hour later that everyone is up and in the main room, the time trials about to begin. We were standing on a raised platform, overlooking where Brian would be driving around.

Cameras had been set up to see if we could drive the cars past them all in the ten seconds.

"Okay, O'Conner, give it your best shot." Dom said through a walkie that was connected to a speaker.

Brian speeds around the corner passing a camera. He kept speeding around the factory, going around all of the corners until he got to where we was watching him from.

I was sat by the computer watching Brian through the cameras. I could tell that he was trying really hard but the car wasn't right.

When Brian stopped and got out of the car Dom walked to the edge of the platform.

"How was that one?" Brian asks.

"Camera caught you." Han said joining Dom at the edge of the platform.

"What?!"

"Yeah, it's still caught you."

"Man, I was milking the hell out of that thing." Brian told us as he walked up the stairs.

"We could see." James said from beside me, watching the computer screen.

"We're gonna need a faster car."

Dom and Han came back over to the group and they all started discussing what car would be best.

"I'm gonna go pack my bag. Back in a bit." I told James as he was beside me.

I told James asthey were all distracted. I would only be gone for the day but I want to wear something nice rather than the pjs I would be wearing on the private jet.

I didn't know Brian had followed me into our room until the door opened again.

"What are you doing?" Brian asked me.

"My friend who lives an hour away, she needs some help. I said she could call whenever and I would help so I am going up there. I'll be back by tomorrow morning, I'm not going to be gone for long, only a day. I promise."  I say walking up to him. Brian wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me into a hug.

"Are you going to be safe? I don't want you or our little one to get hurt."

"I'll be fine. It's not a mission, she just needs some help."