CHAPTER - 80 : THE DEPARTED

Not long after Elena collapsed with blood coming out of her nose, Venice started feeling dizzy, but not to the level Elena's, but it increased with blood bleeding out of her nose and her dizziness increased. Hearing Venice call out Elena's name, Kevin and Jeremy rushed in. They immediately took Elena and Venice to the hospital, taking Asher with them. A few hours have passed since Elena was admitted in the hospital and Venice was feeling better too. 

"She's gonna be fine. She got a little banged up today, hit her head, but it was just a slight concussion, nothing to worry about" Meredith told Jeremy and Venice."

But she collapsed, there was blood" Venice said.

"Honestly, Venice, she's okay. She's just...she's been through a lot. Is there anyone you guys want to call?" Meredith asked.

*****

"You did what?" asked Damon looking at the phone.

"I took her to the hospital. When you find your sister unconscious, you call 911" said Jeremy.

"Not when you have a parade of vampires at your disposal!" exclaimed Damon while Stefan listened to the conversation, getting worried for Venice.

"Every remaining Original is gonna want Elena and Venice dead to stop Alaric. Elena's a sitting duck in there" Stefan told Jeremy after Damon put the phone on speaker.

"Well, Meredith wants to keep her here for observation" said Jeremy.

"Jeremy, get the doppelgangers home, we're on our way" said Damon and hung up.

"Have I told you lately how much I appreciate you not being the dumbest brother on Earth?" asked Damon looking at Stefan.

Stefan just shot him a look in response and kept driving.

"You know one of us needs to keep moving, right? If Klaus really is the sire of our bloodline, we need to keep his body hidden before Alaric finds him, kills him, and we all end up dead" said Stefan.

"Our life is one, big, proverbial coin toss" sighed Damon.

*****

AT THE McLEAN RESIDENCE RESIDENCE

Tyler and Matt opened the front door, Kevin walked in behind them with his arm wrapped around Elena, helping her into the house while Caroline had her arm wrapped around Venice while the latter held Asher.

"I'm fine now, Caroline. No dizziness, no nose-bleeds. Everything's fine as soon as Elena got patched up" said Venice.

"Couch" said Caroline to the two doppelgangers.

"I'm fine. I just...I want something to eat first" Elena said."

We're on it, as soon as we make sure no one is lurking in the closets" Tyler said and he, Matt and Kevin went upstairs after helping Elena and Venice to the couch.

Caroline grabbed a blanket off a chair and followed the brunettes, covering Elena with it while Venice started feeding Asher when the baby started going all fuzzy.

"Doctor says rest, you rest" Caroline told Elena

"Now, what can I get you? Do you want some tea, maybe some vodka? Both will help you sleep" said Caroline looking at the brunettes.

"Although, no vodka to the momma. I can make you hot chocolate though" she added.

Venice and Elena stared at Caroline and Caroline sat down on the couch, beside Venice, looking at the two brunettes.

"I know, I'm being smothering. It's what I do" said the blonde.

"No, it's-it's nice" said Venice with a smile and Caroline smiled.