CHAPTER - 59 : CHICAGO

AT CHICAGO:

Venice woke up with a groan, clutching her neck, while getting up. When she opened her eyes, she was met with a pair of familiar forest green orbs, making her eyes wide and she immediately sat straight. She was in the passenger seat, with Stefan beside her, while Klaus was driving.

"Perfect timing, love. I'm pretty sure that our Stefan, over here is worried sick about you" Klaus said, making Venice glance at him and then at Stefan. 

And with that Klaus stopped the car in what looked like a warehouse and climbed out of it. Stefan followed suit, but we can't say the same about Venice. She nervously climbed out of the car, which didn't go unnoticed by Stefan.

"Welcome back to Chicago, Stefan"  Klaus said."Umm... Not to sound rude, but..... What are we doing here? What am I doing here?" Venice asked.

"We're here to visit someone, love. But, you..." Klaus replied, turning around to look at her and added "You just handed over yourself to us, when you decided to track your boyfriend, in the smoky mountains", with a small smile, making Venice roll her eyes.

"Okay, what exactly are we doing here?" Stefan asked, already getting fed up, with the hybrid original.

He must have pleaded Klaus some infinity times to let Venice go and not include her with them, but looks like the hybrid original has second thoughts. 

"I know how much you loved it here. Bringing back memories of the good old ripper days?" Klaus said, walking towards a door and opened it."Blacked out most of them. A lot of blood, a lot of partying. The details are all a blur" Stefan said, now standing beside Klaus, while Venice stood behind them."Well, that is a crying shame. The details are what make it legend" Klaus said.

"Word was the ripper of Monterrey got lonely, so he escaped to the city for comfort. It was Prohibition. Everything was off limits then, which made everything so much fun" Klaus explained, mostly looking at Venice, who listened to him.

Stefan looked like he was trying to remember his days in Chicago, but he was clearly having trouble to remember. Venice was looking around in the warehouse, walking around warily. Moments later, she felt like someone's staring her and looked around to see that its Stefan, who immediately started pretending like he didn't even know her. That immediately made Venice upset and she frowned, looking at her shoes.

"Chicago was magical" Klaus said, walking towards Stefan.

"Yeah, well, I'll take your word for it. Like I said, I don't remember most of it" Stefan said, now staring out of the door."Going to get down to business, then?" Klaus asked, closing the door, while Stefan now stood beside Venice. "Why am I still with you? We had our fun, your hybrids failed. I mean, don't you want to move on? And why did you drag her, with us, over here?" Stefan kept on shooting questions at Klaus, and pointed at Venice at the last question."We're going to see my favorite witch. If anyone can help us with our hybrid problem, it's her. And we're gonna see if Venice's gonna be of any help for us, regarding the hybrids matter" Klaus said.

Klaus then walked over to the car door which was being held open by one of his minions. Stefan and Venice glanced at each other and the three of them climbed into the car.

*****

AT A BAR:

Klaus, Venice and Stefan entered a bar, which looked quite silent, dim lit and empty.

" Looks familiar, doesn't it?" Klaus asked Stefan."I can't believe this place is still here" Stefan said, while Venice walked towards the bar table.

"Well, I can because this is the first time I ever come here" Venice muttered.

Stefan and Klaus followed her.