CHAPTER-43 : KATHERINE'S STORY

TIME SKIP (THE NEXT DAY):

AT THE SALVATORE BOARDING HOUSE:

Venice knocked on the front door and seconds later, Damon opened it.

"Hello Ven" Damon said.

"Is Stefan here? He called. He said it's important" Venice asked.

"Right this way" Damon said, motioning her to get inside, which she did.

"Hey" Stefan said, walking towards her, in the hallway, making her look at him.

"What is this about?" Venice asked him, clutching the strap of her backpack.

Stefan moved a bit aside, making Rose visible to Venice. Venice stared at Rose in confusion whereas Rose waved at her awkwardly.  Venice just stared at her in confusion and then at Stefan, questioningly, not quite understanding what exactly was happening there. 

All four of them walked towards the library and sat there. Venice sat on a sofa, nearby the furnace. Stefan sat on the armrest of the sofa, that's adjacent to the one on which Venice sat. Damon was standing by resting his hands to the head rest of the another sofa that's adjacent to the sofa on which Venice sat and Rose was standing in front of Venice, facing her, telling him about Klaus and the sacrifice.

"Okay, you have to understand I only know what I've picked up over the years and I don't know what's true and what's not true. It's the problem with all this vampire crap but Klaus, I know he's real" Rose told Venice.

"Who is he?" Venice asked her.

"He's one of the originals, he's a legend" Damon replied.

"From the first generation of vampires" Stefan added.

"Like Elijah?" Venice asked, looking at him.

"No. Elijah was the Easter bunny compared to Klaus. He's a foot soldier. Klaus is the real deal" Rose replied.

"Klaus is known to be the oldest" Stefan told Venice.

"Okay, so you're saying that the oldest vampire in the history of time is coming after Elena and me?" Venice asked Rose.

"Yes" Rose said while Stefan said "No", at the same time.

"What they're saying is, I mean if what she's saying is true..." Damon said, now standing beside Rose.

"Which it is" Rose said.

"And you're not saying it so I don't kill you" Damon told Rose.

"Which I'm not" Rose told Damon.

"Then we're looking at a solid, maybe" Damon stated, looking at Venice who was staring at him, trying to process what she was told.

"Look, Elijah's dead, right? So no one else even knows that you and Elena exist" Stefan told Venice, standing up and sitting beside Venice.

"Not that you know of" Rose told Venice.

"That's not helping" Damon told Rose.

"Look, I've never even met anyone who's laid eyes on him. I mean, we're talking centuries of truth mixed with fiction. We don't know if he's real. For all we know he could just be some sort of stupid bed time story" Stefan said, looking at Damon and Rose and then at Venice, trying to comfort her. Verbally, at least.

"He's real and he doesn't give up. If he wants something, he gets it. If you're not afraid of Klaus, then you're an idiot" Rose told looking at Stefan and Venice.

"Alright, we're shaking. You made your point" Damon said.

Venice took her backpack and stood up.