CHAPTER - 71 : THE MIKAELSON BALL

AT THE MYSTIC FALLS HOSPITAL:

Venice was searching for the keys of her car, in the parking lot. Matt left a few seconds ago and the pregnant teenager, carrying a magical miracle baby was in a desperate need of getting away from the hospital. Alaric only resigned to stay overnight at the place after Venice made sure that she'll change the locks. She just fished out the keys of her car out when she jumped, startled - not expecting someone behind her, saying "I've been thinking of many places where we can run into each other again-", making Venice drop her keys.

She then turned around to look at a guy who looked to be between 17 to 18 years old. He looked handsome with brown eyes and light brown hair and had a boyish grin on his face.

"But a hospital was not on my list" he added.

Venice noted that he had a British accent and the way he talked to her totally gave her the creeps down her spine. She was about to crouch down to collect her keys, but he beat her to it, crouching down to retrieve her keys and when he was about to stand straight, he paused, looking at her bulged belly. 

He then stood up straight, with a sigh and said "Well, that's a surprising development", giving her the keys, while Venice frowned hearing him.

She took the keys and told him "Thank you" while looking at him warily.

The guy just smiled at her and said "Anytime darling."

"Uh... No to sound rude, but who are you? I don't recall ever meeting you" Venice told him.

The guy frowned hearing her.

"You don't remember me?" he asked her.

"Well, duh! Why else would I ask you who you are?" she asked, suddenly getting irritated and she totally blamed the pregnancy hormones for that.

He minimized the little distance between them, by vamp speeding towards her, making her eyes go wide. She mentally cursed herself, wondering why she hadn't noticed that the minute she saw him. All the good looking ones were either bloodthirsty vampires, creepy werewolves or undercover witches or warlocks. Hell, you even got knocked up by one vampire she thought.

He was quick to grip her hands firmly, making sure he wasn't hurting her. 

"You really don't remember me?" he asked again, as if he couldn't believe what she told him.

But that was enough to freak her out, making the brunette to try to get out of his grip, but his grip on her only tightened.

"Look, I don't know who you are and I suggest you to let go of me" Venice told him, her voice sounding panicked.

"Answer me!" he exclaimed.

"Kol!" a voice rang out. 

Now that voice sounds a tad familiar to Venice and the vampire holding her, turned his head to look at the source. Venice craned her neck, a bit to look at the source and her eyes met with a suit wearing original.

"Where did your manners go, little brother? That's no way to treat a lady" Elijah said and took a step towards them, closing the distance between him and the guy, whose name Venice learned as Kol.

Elijah then patted Kol's shoulder and said "I suggest you let her go, brother" and then glanced down to get a look at her belly.

Earlier, before his siblings went on their ways to stroll the town, Klaus told Elijah about Venice's current predicament and looking at Venice only confirmed it to Elijah.

"You've already worked her up enough, Kol" Elijah said, his voice now had a warning tone in it.

Kol let his grip on Venice go and muttered her quick apology, while Venice looked at him in alert. He the turned around to look at Elijah.