CHAPTER - 78 : 20'S DECADE DANCE

AT THE MYSTIC FALLS HIGH SCHOOL:

Venice, Caroline and Elena were walking through the gym hall which was being decorated for the 20s Decade Dance. Caroline had a clipboard in her hand, being in charge of the preparations as Rebekah- the one who insisted and made everyone agree for the theme to be 20's, was missing.

"So, Alaric is trying to pull himself together, why is that a bad thing?" Caroline asked the doppelgangers.

"I just... I wish there was something I could do" Venice said and checked her phone.

She was not exactly game with leaving Asher alone for another day, this time with Stefan, Kevin and Damon with him, but the three vamps insisted that she should go with Caroline or the blonde will go nuts. In the end, Venice told them that she'll be on stand by if they need her for Asher and made them promise to call her if even the slight thing goes wrong and the three men agreed. Kevin also told her that he'll babysit his nephew and urged Venice to go to the decade dance.

They walked towards a table and Elena picked up a chandelier on it.

Venice looked at the chandelier and asked "Where was this thing supposed to be hung, again?"

Caroline took it from Elena and said, looking at the two brunettes "You know what, if Rebekah wanted to hang this monstrosity she should have shown up to do it herself" and handed the chandelier to a passing-by student.

"Just no!" Caroline muttered and dusted her hands as soon as the chandelier was out of her hands.

Venice then looked at Matt and Jeremy hanging up the stars, making them dangle them from the ceiling.

"What are you doing? You can't just hang them! They're supposed to trickle down" Venice told them, making the two boys to scoff and shake their heads at her.

"Trickle, duh!" Matt laughed with Jeremy.

"Look at them all bromancy" Caroline awed looking at them, making both Venice and Elena to smile.

"Yeah I asked Matt to help Jeremy readjust. He got him his old job back at the Grill" Elena said.

"That was nice of him" Venice said and Caroline nodded in agreement.

"Jeremy has got a lot on his mind. The whole thing with Alaric has got him really stressed out" Elena said.

"You sure it has nothing to do with witnessing you and Damon getting hot and heavy in a skeevy motel?" Caroline asked Elena and Venice smirked hearing it.

"I didn't tell you that so you two could torture me with it" Elena said while Venice started sorting and arranging the glasses on the table.

"Aww, what are friends for?" Venice giggled and Elena rolled her eyes at her.

"So who are you guys bringing to the dance?" Caroline asked them.

Elena wrapped a feather boa around her neck and asked "What do you mean? I thought you, Bonnie, and I were going as girl dates."

"Wait what? You guys left me out?!" Venice looked at them appalled.

The two girls rolled their eyes.

"Hey, missy. You have Stefan, need I remind you?" Caroline told her, bumping her shoulder with the brunette's.

"Doesn't mean he's jumping at the opportunity of going to the decade dance that was themed in the 20's style of all, one of his darkest years- decades!" Venice told them.

"Okay. Firstly, Bonnie has a date. Jamie called and wanted to see her so she asked him" Caroline said.

"What?" both Elena and Venice said in unison.