CHAPTER - 68 : CAROLINE'S BIRTHDAY

AT ALARIC'S FLAT:

Venice was punching and kicking a punching bag since an hour while Elena sat nearby.

"Easy" Elena told her.

Venice continued doing what she was doing. Alaric entered the room and started at Venice.

"Hey, you're gonna put a hole in that thing!" he said walking towards her and grabbed the punching bag.

" You want to talk about it?" he asked.

"Nothing to talk about" she told him and went back to kicking and punching the bag.

*****

AT THE SALVATORE BOARDING HOUSE:

Damon got out of the shower and walked into his bedroom, whistling happily while Stefan was waiting for him there.

"Good morning" Damon greeted him when he saw him.

"You're late. We were supposed to meet Bonnie at the witch house in ten minutes" Stefan said, getting straight to the point.

"Relax, brother. You don't want your hair to fall out" Damon told him.

"Would you hurry up? We have work to do. You know, Klaus isn't gonna spontaneously self-destruct" Stefan told him.

Damon just looked at him with raised eyebrows and a smirk.

" Why are you all chipper?" Stefan asked him.

"No reason. Be with you in a minute" Damon replied.

*****

AT ALARIC'S FLAT:

 Venice was still training while Alaric held the punching bag for her.

"So, what's got you all worked up?" Alaric asked her. 

"I didn't really sleep last night" she replied. 

"That's not good for you and the baby. You should take more rest!" Elena exclaimed, standing up, walking towards her. 

"Yeah, me neither. Probably something to do with dying..." Ric told Venice.

Venice stopped and asked him"Are you okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine, I'm fine" he replied and Venice started punching the bag again.

" I think the ring, however, is running low on batteries" Ric added.

"Yeah, that's another reason why Jeremy has to get out of town. If those rings have a shelf life, he is not protected, neither are you" Elena said and just then Venice kicked the bag with all the strength she could muster, making Ric to stumble a few steps back.

"Nice, nice, you're getting more stronger" he told her.

"For a pregnant girl, you are getting more stronger" Elena said, stating what she observed.

"I'm just channeling frustration" she said, looking at Elena and then looked at Ric and said " I need another hot chocolate."

She walked over to the kitchen counter, removed her gloves and started making some hot chocolate for her.

"Seems Damon's compulsion worked, Jeremy was packing when I left the house, going on about his new school in Denver" Ric said.

"Have you talked to Damon today?" Elena asked them.

"No. Why?" Ric asked.

"No reason" Elena said, making Venice to look at her with raised eyebrows.