CHAPTER - 57 : BIRTHDAY GIRL

AT SOME HOUSE IN TENNESSEE:

It was night and a woman walked outside the house from the kitchen door, in search of her dog.

"Rudy! Rudy!" she called and whistled, hoping that the dog will show up.

" Rudy. Come on! It's too hot to make me come looking for you" she called out and bent down and picked up a toy.

When she turns around Klaus suddenly appeared in front of her, making her gasp and stumble.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to scare you" Klaus told her. 

" Can I help you?" she asked. 

"Yeah, my car hmm, my car ran out of gas a couple of miles back. I feel like I've been walking forever yours is the first house I come to so I was just hoping I could use your phone?" Klaus replied. 

" Don't you have a cell phone?" the woman asked. 

"Huh, yeah..." Klaus said and pulled his phone from pocket.

" Battery died" he added, but the girl smiled, clearly finding something of about him.

" Look, I promise I'm not a serial killer I just wanna use your phone" Klaus told her.

The woman sighed and said "Sure" and turned around to go inside the house, but turned back to look at Klaus, when he asked "So, I can come in?" 

"No, I'll get the phone and I'll bring it out to you" she replied. 

Klaus looked annoyed because if that girl's that stubborn, he ain't getting anywhere with his plan, which made him say "I thought you country folks were supposed to be more trusting." 

"I'm from Florida" she said. 

"Well, that explains it" Klaus said and grabbed her by her throat and compelled her " Now show me a little southern hospitality. Sweet pea."

In the kitchen of the house another woman was frying food and walked over to the counter with the frying pan, saying "I bet you a hundred dollars that dog ran off to a house with air conditioning."

She turned around and saw the first woman and Klaus entering the kitchen. Klaus was holding the nape of her neck with one hand while the first woman was sobbing.

" What's going on?" the second woman asked. 

"Please don't be alarmed. I was told Ray Sutton lives here" Klaus told the second woman. 

"He's almost never here. He's on the road mostly" the second woman said. 

"But I expect he makes it home, once a month. That's what I thought. Where is he now?" Klaus asked, walking further into the kitchen, towards the second woman, while pulling the first woman with him, by her neck.

The second woman didn't answer.

" If I have to make you tell me it's going to be infinitely more painful for you. Hmm" Klaus said and smiled.

The other woman ran out of the kitchen and opened the front door, but Stefan was standing in the doorway, making the woman scream, when she saw him.

Klaus and the first woman came up behind her.

"I love it when they run!" Klaus said, making the second woman to look at him.She gave up, answering his question.

" He's in Tulley. It's near the border. A bar called Southern Comfort. It's on Highway 41" she told him, tears cascading down her cheeks while the first woman was sobbing silently.

"Thank you my love" Klaus told the second woman and touched the first woman's hair.

"Now, may my friend come in?" he asked the first woman.