CHAPTER-21 : EMILY BENNETT'S GRIMOIRE

*****

AT JENNA'S FLAT:

Venice was watching the older Salvatore and the younger Gilbert bonding with each other in morbid curiosity. Well, more like she's very much suspicious of what's running in Damon's mind. Seconds later, Elena joined her too, finding Damon's movements very suspicious.

"Psst.... Are you thinking what I'm thinking" Elena whispered, looking at Damon and Jeremy.

"Oh, yeah" Venice muttered looking at the boys who are busy playing some video game.

Jenna showed up an placed both her arms around both the girls's shoulder, standing between them. Venice was pretty sure that Damon's eavesdropping in their conversation. 

"He is ridiculously hot!" Jenna whispered.

"Shh!" Venice shushed her immediately.

Damon smirked, hearing the conversation.

"He's an ass" Venice told Jenna, looking at the back of Damon's head with a smirk on her face, knowing very well that he's eavesdropping in their conversation.

Damon rolled his eyes, hearing Venice's comment.

"Yeah. I couldn't agree any less" Elena said.

The trio chuckled.

"So..... Um.... Did you tell Jeremy?" Jenna asked, looking at Elena after a few seconds.

"About what?" Elena asked.

"About you being adopted" Jenna said.

"I will. When the time is right" Elena said.

As in cue, the doorbell rang. Jenna went to look who it is.

"It must be Stefan" Venice said and made her way towards the door along with Jenna.

Hearing Venice, Damon gets up from the couch and walks up to the door, behind Venice. Jeremy looked up at an agitated Damon.

"Dude!" Jeremy called out but Damon didn't care.

Jenna opened the door to reveal Stefan who smiled looking at Jenna and then at his lover but the smile left and a confused expression took its place on his face as he saw his brother standing behind his lover.

"Well, Come in kiddo" Jenna told Stefan, inviting him in.

Stefan  smiled and stepped in. Venice was trying her best to stifle a laugh hearing Jenna calling Stefan as kiddo because Stefan's probably some 130 years older than her. Elena also joined them and stood behind Damon. Jenna smiled and walked inside the flat.

"Well?" Damon asked looking at the younger Salvatore.

Stefan looked at Venice and jerked his head towards the door, indicating the other three to follow him outside. The trio followed him. While going out of the flat, Stefan told the other three that Jonathan Gilbert's journal is stolen by someone from Alaric.

"Who took it?" Damon asked, pacing to and fro outside the flat.

Tension and worry clearly filled his mind after hearing that the only source that has the whereabouts of Emily's grimoire is stolen.

" I don't know" Stefan replied.

"You know what, it's that teacher. There's something really off about him" Damon said, still continuing his pace.

Venice scowled at him and opened her mouth to say something in her dear uncle's defence but closed her mouth when Stefan said "No, he doesn't know anything. Somebody got to it right before me."