CHAPTER - 81 : DEAD

After Elena woke up from the dead, literally, Stefan found out that Elena had vampire blood in the system when she died, thanks to Meredith Fell who put Damon's blood into Elena's body when the said brunette was taken to the hospital after she fainted. Hearing that Stefan's sadness lifted a bit with hope that maybe, that applied to Venice. If Elena woke up, then Venice could too because the doppelgangers were linked when vampire blood was introduced to Elena's system. But Venice didn't. An hour passed and that turned to two, but Stefan didn't loose hope until Bonnie crashed it by telling him that that's not how linking works. He kept watching Venice's body, his mind and body numb.

He was not ready to loose her and he couldn't believe that she was gone. He cannot loose her. She had a whole life in front of her. He needed her, their son needed her. God, their son. Little Asher didn't even get to have a solid memory of her. Stefan knew first hand, what it was like to grow up without a mother. He didn't want that for his son. She deserved to watch their son grow up and live his life. She deserved to live her life. She didn't deserve to die like this.

Stefan slowly walked towards her and crouched down beside her, staring at her face. It slowly started paling and her lips started turning blue. He slowly took her hand in his, gently caressing her knuckles while the others watched with teary eyes.

"Hey baby" he said softly, frowning at the coldness of her hand.

"It's time to wake up" he added gently, as if he's expecting a response from her.

When he got no response from her he gently patted her cheek, saying "Baby, c'mon. Wake up."

Stefan frowned looking at her face and asked "Why are you not waking up?"

Damon stilled looking at Stefan while others frowned hearing him.

"C'mon, it's not funny anymore, sweetheart. Wake up" said Stefan, his frown deepening when he got no response from Venice.

"Alright that's enough" said Stefan, standing up and pulling on her arm.

"Wake up. Asher's going to get antsy when he wakes up and doesn't sees you. C'mon, wake up. Open your eyes, baby" he said, pulling her arm, as if by doing that she'll sit up.

"Stefan" said Bonnie, walking towards him while Stefan kept trying to wake Venice up in one way or the other.

"Bonnie" said Damon in a warning tone, seeing Stefan's condition, but Bonnie didn't pay him any heed and walked towards Stefan, passing Kevin who sat distraught in a corner looking at his sister.

"Stefan, she's gone" croaked Bonnie, but Stefan didn't listen to her.

He kept shaking Venice's shoulders and patting her cheeks, trying to wake her up.

"Stefan" Bonnie placed her hand on his shoulder.

"She's gone. Let her rest" she cried and Stefan immediately whipped around, his face vamped out and growled at her, ready to rip her head out.

Damon immediately sped towards Stefan and held him back from attacking Bonnie, who looked at the brothers in shocked.

"She's fine! She's just pretending to be asleep!" roared Stefan.

Just then Caroline walked down the stairs with a crying Asher in her arms. She herself was crying, but was trying to compose herself. Stefan's head immediately whipped towards Asher's face and he immediately calmed down looking at the baby. He then looked at Venice, then back at Asher and back at Venice and slowly stepped towards her and fell on his knees, clutching her hand.

"I need you. I- I need you" he sobbed "Wake up baby. I need you."

Everyone in the room became more teary.