CHAPTER-23 : THE TOMB

AT THE WOODS:

Damon and Venice arrived to the woods and saw that there was party going on full swing over there.

"The Duke party. I forgot. I hope they stay clear of the church" Venice said.

"Your hope, not mine" Damon retorted.

"Venice, hey!" Matt said, walking towards her.

"Venice! Oh my God, where have you been?" Caroline asked, walking along with Matt and linked her fingers with his.

Venice looked at what Caroline's action and looked at the blonde duo.

"Long story, no time to tell it" Damon replied instead of Venice.

"I wasn't talking to you" Caroline retorted.

"Sure you were" Damon said

"We haven't met. I'm Matt" Matt told Damon, holding out his hand for Damon to shake.

" Matt, there's a reason we haven't met" Damon told Matt and turned his head to look at Venice.

"You and I are going that way" Damon told Venice and grabbed her arm, dragging her away from the party.

"I'm sorry guys" Venice told the two blondes.

*****

AT THE OLD FELL'S CHURCH RUINS:

At the tomb, Stefan climbed up from the tomb with a shovel in his hand.

"Cleared the debris away. Set the torches like you asked. We can get down now" Stefan told the Bennett witches and placed the shovel against a rock.

Bonnie looked at the cans of gasoline that were lying near by them and asked "What is that?"

"It's everything I need to destroy them " Stefan replied.

Stefan handed Sheila a flashlight.

"  Are you sure that Damon will come back with her?" Elena asked him.

Before Stefan can reply, they heard a whistle coming a bit far behind the witches making them look at the person who whistled. It was Damon and Venice was trailing behind him.

"Brother. Witches. Elena" he said, acknowledging them and strode past them with the grimoire in his hand where as Venice walked towards Stefan.

"Everything okay?" Stefan asked his girlfriend."I just want to get this over with. Are we ready?" Venice said.

"I guess so" Bonnie said.

All of them made their way downwards, towards the tomb. Bonnie and Sheila stood inside the pentagram that's carved on the dirt. Sheila started lightening the torches. Bonnie was standing next to her whereas Damon, Elena, Stefan and Venice were standing by the entrance, watching them.

"Air. Earth. Fire" Sheila said lighting each torches.

"Water" Bonnie said, holding a water bottle.

Sheila took it and sprinkled the water on the floor.

"That's it? Just water from the tap?" Venice asked.

"As opposed to what?" Sheila asked.

"I just figured maybe it would have to be blessed or mystical or something" Venice replied.

Sheila smiled looking at the taller brunette girl and looked at the grimoire to read something. Damon pulled out a blood bag and started unraveling it.

"What's that?" Stefan asked the elder Salvatore, flashing the light through his flashlight on the blood bag in Damon's hand.

"It's for Katherine. Gotta have something to get her going. Unless your girl's offering a vein to tap" Damon replied and looked at Venice and then at Stefan.