CHAPTER-12 : 162 CANDLES

AT THE SALVATORE BOARDING HOUSE:

Days have passed since the bittersweet confession that Venice has confessed to Stefan. Stefan was sleeping in a single seater sofa, in the living room of the boarding house. He woke up when his book fell from his lap to the floor. He took that book and tossed it onto a table beside him and stood up. When he was about to stretch his body, he heard some indistinct voice. When he was slowly following the path from where the noise came, the latch of a near-by window cluttered making him turn its attention towards it. He walked towards the window and closed it. He then heard some movement in the living room and walked into the middle of it. A thudding sound from upstairs made him turn his attention upwards.

"Damon?" he called out, thinking that it might be his brother.

He suddenly felt someone running behind him in vampire speed and turned back, only to see that there's no one there. He was then pushed from behind in vamp force making him fall straight on his face. He immediately turned around in vamp- speed to see who it is (still lying on the ground), only to see a blonde vampire, going full vamp mode on him with veins under her bloodshot red eyes and fangs in her mouth, by leaning closer to him.

"Lexi?" he asked, surprised to see his best friend.

Lexi's face immediately went back to normal mode, into that cute face and she leaned away a bit from him and smiled and said "Hi."

"What are you doing here?" Stefan asked.

She immediately helped him get up, in vampire speed though.

"How could you even ask that?" Lexi asked looking at him and they both hugged.

"I missed you" Stefan said, when they hugged.

Lexi broke the hug and wished him saying "Happy birthday", looking at him with a cute smile on her face.

Soon after, Stefan started filling her with every detail of what happened in Mystic Falls since he arrived, including the deets about Venice, like everything about her. He even mentioned Elena, the dead ringer of Katherine, his ex-girlfriend. He mostly kept rambling about Venice, though. Hours past and they both were in his bedroom, sitting on his bed and chatting and laughing with each other.

"I don't know, some freak shot at me with wooden bullets. I bail in under sixty. And why is a news reporter hunting vampires?" Lexi asked.

" I don't know who knows about us. That guy did. There could be others" Stefan said.

"Hey, do me a favor, while you're here, please be careful" he added, pointing her.

"Ugh!" Lexi groaned.

"Why stay?" she said and got off from the bed saying " I'm headed to New York for the weekend. Bon Jovi in the Garden."

Stefan bumped his fist in the air, listening to her.

" "Wanted dead or alive", it's our theme song. It'll be a blast" Lexi said.

"Hey, do you think he would actually remember us? That was a pretty crazy weekend huh?" Stefan asked.

"We can make him remember us" Lexi said, pointing at Stefan.

Stefan smiled at her.

"Come on! Let's go. I mean, what's keeping you here? " Lexi said, going through a pile of books, laid on the study table in his bedroom.

" I told you. Her name is Venice" Stefan said, sitting straight on the bed.

" Well, let's hope she's better than the last girl you got all sprung over" Lexi said, taking the photo of Katherine which is on the study table and holding it.