CHAPTER-5 : THE NIGHT OF THE COMET

THIRD PERSON POV:

On her way back home, Venice's phone started ringing. It's screen lit up showing the caller ID. It was Elena. Knowing that she'll face Elena's wrath if she doesn't answer her call, she answered the call.

"Hey" Venice said.

"Hey! Are you free now?" Elena asked.

"Yeah. Why?" Venice asked.

"Nothing. My dad wanna talk to you. So, why not come to my place and then we both can have a slumber party?" Elena suggested.

"Oh, yeah. Sure. And the slumber party sounds cool" Venice replied.

"Okay then. See you later!" Elena said.

"Bye" Venice said and hung the call.

*****

TIME SKIP ( AT THE GILBERT RESIDENCE):

Venice reached the Gilbert residence, knocked the front door and stood there. After a few seconds, the door opened revealing Jenna, Elena and Jeremy's aunt.

"Who's it Jenna?" Miranda, Elena's mother asked from the kitchen.

"Well, come in kiddo" Jenna said, smiling at Venice.

Venice stepped inside the residence and Jenna closed the door.

"It's Venice" Jenna called out and lead Venice to the living room.

"Hello Ven" Miranda said coming out of the kitchen.

Venice smiled at Miranda in response.

When they entered into the living room, Venice saw Grayson reading a newspaper which he immediately folded when he saw the female duo entering the room.

"Good evening Dr.Gilbert" Venice said with full knowledge of the reason why he wanted to talk to her. Well, to her, Elena and Jeremy, if he's home on time. It's more like counselling Jeremy and just talking to the remaining two. The Gilberts always treated Venice like she's a part of their family.

"Good evening" Grayson said with a smiled. 

Elena came downstairs and waved at Venice.

"Dinner's ready!" Miranda announced coming into the living room.

****

TIME SKIP (AT THE GILBERT RESIDENCE- DURING DINNER):

"So, how's school?" Grayson asked the only two teenagers in the room.

"School's cool" Venice said smiling when the images of her bumping into Stefan on the first day of school came flashing in her mind.

"Yeah. And if I'm not wrong, Venice is dating a guy for the first time in her life" Elena said and smirked at Venice making Venice roll her eyes.

"Oh yeah? Who's he?" Miranda asked.

Grayson's phone started ringing.

"Ladies, I have to take this call. Excuse me" Grayson said and left.

After he left, Miranda again asked "Who's he?"

"Um... His name is Stefan Salvatore and we're just friends" Venice said.

"Oh.. Tell us more about him" Miranda said.

"I'm pretty sure that Caroline will give you more info about him, than Venice" Elena said making Venice chuckle.

"Tell us what you know about him, Venice" Miranda said.

Venice told them about everything she knew of him, including her meeting Damon in the Salvatore Boarding house and he telling her about Stefan's ex.