CHAPTER - 66 : HOMECOMING

TIME SKIP (A FEW DAYS LATER):

AT THE SALVATORE BOARDING HOUSE:

Stefan's seated in a sofa in the living room of the boarding house. He's calling Klaus who answered the call on the second ring, itself.

"Portland is fantastic. Once you get over all the whiny music and healthy looking people, it is literally a breeding ground for werewolves" Klaus told Stefan.

"Your father is dead" Stefan said, nonchalantly.

"What did you say to me?" Klaus asked after being silent for a moment.

"Oh, my mistake. Not your actual father and not dead. Mikael. Daggered" Stefan said, looking at Mikael's daggered body on the floor, right beside him.

Klaus remained silent.

" What do you want me to do with the body?" Stefan asked Klaus.

"Well, first I want you to explain to me exactly what happened" Klaus replied.

AN HOUR EARLIER IN THE BOARDING HOUSE:

Stefan was walking into the living room with Elena, Venice and Damon on his tail.

"Aye, let's say that Mikael followed Elena and Venice in here. He tried to grab Elena, so he could use her as bait" Stefan said. 

"And you what? Vervained him?" Elena asked him. 

"No, we vervained him! This guy is an Original. To make it realistic" Damon told her.

"Okay, fine. We vervained him, and in the process discovered that he had a dagger" Stefan said. 

"Which he planned to use on Rebekah, but instead..." Elena trailed off. 

"We drove it through his heart" Stefan completed. 

"No offence, but am I the only one who's clearly seeing all the flaws in this plan?" Venice asked.

"What do you mean?" The three of them asked.

"What I mean is.... what happens when Klaus asks to see Mikael's body?" Venice asked.

"Good point, sassy pants!" Damon told her and looked at Stefan and said " You my brother have been compelled to do what Klaus says. So the idea is to lure him back here and kill him...last thing we need is you getting tripped up and tongue-tied."

"And possibly get your hearts ripped off your chests" Venice added and looked at Stefan.

After what happened a few days ago, with him trying to kill her, turn her into a vampire, things have been very rocky between Stefan and Venice. Venice has been avoiding Stefan like plague and now that they have to work together, she's being snappy at him.

"Well, don't look at me. I am just in charge of getting him back here" Stefan told her.

"Klaus is smart. If we tell him that Mikael is dead, he'll want proof" Venice told them.

"Then I shall be dead" a voice rang out from a few feet behind them, obviously it's Mikael.

He was standing by the fireplace, setting the dagger and a container with the white-oak ash in it, on a counter beside him.

All four of them took tentative steps towards him.

"What if he wants to see you in person?" Venice asked, now standing in front of him.

"Well that means our plan is working. Klaus will absolutely want to see my body. You lure him here, and I will kill him" Mikael replied. 

"With what? Those daggers won't work on him" Stefan said, now standing beside Venice.