CHAPTER-28: THE "RESCUE STEFAN" PLAN

AT THE WOODS:

Alaric, Damon and Venice reached the woods and stopped the car over there, a few miles away from Miss Gibbon's residence. The plan's that Alaric goes to Miss Gibbon's residence, seeking for help since his car stopped a few miles away from the house. And when he goes inside the house, he'll help Damon to get inside the house whereas Venice just waits for them in the car and will drive them back, as soon as Alaric and Damon rescue Stefan and bring him along with them. To say that Venice was freaking out will be an understatement. But she kept her cool and still waited for them.

AT MISS GIBBONS' RESIDENCE:

Alaric knocked on the door of Miss Gibbon's residence. The storm was only getting worse, second-by-second. A moment later, Fredrick opened the door.

"Oh, good, someone's home. Uh, could I use your phone? My car broke down a few miles up the road. This was the first house I saw" Alaric said, rubbing his palms, showing that he's drenched in rain and is really asking for help."Well, lucky you" Fredrick said."Yeah. Lucky me. It's no trouble, is it?" Alaric asked."Not in the slightest" Fredrick replied and allowed Ric to get inside."Great. Whew" Ric said and entered the residence.

Fredrick closed the door.

"Hey, man, I really appreciate it. It's rough out there" Ric told Fredrick and looked at one of the tomb vampires who was looking at Ric.

" Billy, show our visitor where the phone is in the kitchen. And get me something to drink" Fredrick told the other vampire guy.

"Yeah. Sure thing" Billy said.

Alaric smiled and followed Billy while looking around the house and found some of the other tomb vampires, inside in the living room, looking at him. Billy led him into the kitchen where he saw Miss Gibbons, who was cutting a few veggies.

"Hey, Miss Gibbons, this guy wants to use your phone" Billy said, pointing at Ric.

" Oh, sure, honey. It's right there" Miss Gibbons pointed where the phone is.

Ric looked at her wrist and saw that there are a few bite marks on her wrist but ignored them, since he has to play along.

"Thanks" Ric told her and made his way to the phone while slowly slipping a wooden stake from his sleeve.

Billy comes at Alaric to attack him, but Ric staked Billy in the heart with his stake, making Billy fall on the ground. He then walked towards the sink and turned the faucet on and went towards Miss Gibbons and and turned on the blender to create some disturbance noise so that none of the vampires will be able to hear what's going on.

 "What's happening?" Miss Gibbons asked him."I'm really sorry. But you're gonna need to invite a friend of mine inside" he said, grabbing hand, leading her towards the door in the kitchen that leads outside the house. 

He opened the door to reveal Damon who was standing outside.

"Oh, I'm sorry. He's not allowed in the house" Miss Gibbons told Ric, looking at Damon."I know that. But you've gotta make an exception" Ric said."Get her out of the house. Now!" Damon told him.

Ric pushed her towards Damon.

" Miss Gibbons, tell me the truth. Are you married?" Damon asked her.

"No" She replied."Parents, children, anyone else who lives on this property?" he asked."No. It's just me" she replied."No? Good" he said and snapped her neck, killing her.

He then entered the house and Alaric looked at him as if Damon's gone nuts.

"You were supposed to compel her" Ric whisper yelled at him, holding Damon by his collar.