CHAPTER-39 : KILL OR BE KILLED

TIME SKIP (THE NEXT DAY):

AT THE McLEAN RESIDENCE:

Venice was in her bedroom, arranging her bookshelf properly while conversing with Kevin who was standing behind her about werewolves and how Mason Lockwood is one and maybe Tyler too.

"I can't believe Tyler Lockwood is a werewolf" Kevin said."We're not sure about that yet. The only thing we know for sure is that Mason Lockwood is" Venice said."It should be enough easy for us to figure it out" Kevin said."There is no us. I said that I wouldn't keep things from you anymore. That doesn't mean that I want you involved in it" Venice said."By definition of being in this family, I'm involved. And who's looking after who? I should be the one protecting my little sister. Not the reverse" Kevin said.Venice frowned hearing it.

"What I don't understand is the Gilbert device affected Mayor Lockwood and Tyler because they have the werewolf gene in it, but how did it affect me? We don't know if it affected dad or not. But it didn't affect you, did it?" Kevin asked.

Venice shook her head and said "No. It didn't."

"Then how did it affect me?" Kevin asked looking at his sister who just stood still with her back facing him.

After a moment, she shrugged and turned around and said "I don't know, Kevin. But, we'll figure it out, soon", squeezing his shoulder.

Kevin nodded and smiled, cupping her right cheek with his left hand. He then dropped his hand and left the room. Venice sighed and walked into her closet and took a jacket. When she turned around, she saw Stefan standing behind her and gasped, clearly getting startled by his sudden appearance.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to scare you" Stefan told reaching her, with a smirk.

Venice stopped him by raising her finger, indicating him to hold on and walked towards the door and closed it while Stefan walked towards the bed. She walked towards him and placed the jacket on the bed and wrapped her hands around his neck and kissed him and he deepened the kiss. Venice broke their kiss but kept her forehead touching to his and smiled.

"Hi" she said and hugged him.

He hugged her back and breathed out "Hey."

"Are you ready for today?" he asked her.

No. She's not. She hated fighting with him, even though it's pretending. She shook her head and said "No."

Stefan smiled and they broke their hug.

" I hate fighting with you, even if it's fake " Venice told him.

" I know but if Katherine thinks that we are fighting, then she will think that she's winning and it keeps her from following through with her threats " Stefan said, caressing her arm.

" Yeah. But it doesn't make it any easier. Neither does knowing that Caroline will be there, reporting everything back to her " Venice said glumly, with a frown.

"Hey, everything's gonna be okay. Yes, we have to keep up this ruse for a little while but the best way to keep Katherine from hurting anybody, from hurting you " Stefan said, easing her eyebrows with his fingers, so that the frown will be gone and wrapped his arms around her waist.

"Just promise me that she won't get her way with us. We can fake a fight, we can pretend that her threats are tearing us apart but none of it is real, okay? " Venice asked, placing her palms on his chest.

"Okay, how about this? Today, when we're fighting, if I say "I can't do this anymore, Venice", what I'll really mean is that I love you " Stefan said, caressing her right cheek with his left hand while his right was still wrapped around her waist.