CHAPTER-17: PROMISES AND MORE BONDINGS

AT GRAM'S RESIDENCE:

Stefan and Venice stared at the front door and then each other. They both then turned around and made their way towards towards her car. Stefan opened the driver door for her to get and she complied. He then sat in the passenger side.

"Where do you think Bonnie might be?" Stefan asked Venice.

"I don't know" Venice replied.

"Sheila said that she told Bonnie to face down her fear. What does that mean?" Stefan wondered.

Venice furrowed her brows and thought for a moment.

"The old Fell's church. That's where she got to know about all this stuff. Maybe she's there" Venice said, looking at Stefan.

"Yeah. Maybe" Stefan said.

Venice immediately started her car and her way towards the woods. 

*****

AT THE FELL'S CHURCH RUINS:

Venice continued to drive the car in the woods, as far as possible and then they both got off and walked towards the old Fell's church. When they reached to their destination, it was already dark. They saw a hole in the ground.

"Stay here" Stefan said.

Venice nodded and he jumped into the hole. Few seconds later, she heard a scream. Her mind ran through a number of possible thoughts of what might have happened to her dark skinned best friend and she immediately got tensed. A few seconds later, Stefan jumped out of the hole, with Bonnie wrapped in his arms.

"Bonnie" Venice whispered and sighed in relief after seeing her best friend.

"You can open your eyes now" Stefan told Bonnie, releasing her from his grip.

Bonnie opened her eyes and saw Venice. Venice immediately hugged her and Bonnie hugged her back. Stefan smiled, seeing the two girls. Both the girls broke their hug and looked at him.

"I didn't want to to scare you" Stefan told Bonnie.

"How did you guys know where I was?" Bonnie asked, looking at Stefan and Venice.

"Your grandmother told us what you're doing. Venice guessed the where" Stefan said looking at Venice.

Venice smiled looking at her boyfriend and then looked at her best friend.

" I heard them...down there...behind the door. Are they in pain?" Bonnie asked Stefan.

Tears were pooling in her eyes.

" In the beginning...yes. But not anymore. They've starved to the point of desiccation" Stefan explained.

"But if they have blood..." Bonnie was saying but Stefan cut her off by saying "That's not going to happen, Bonnie. They can't get out. Emily saw to that when she had you destroy the crystal. You're safe."

Bonnie nodded.

"Come on. Let's go" he said and trio made their way towards the car.

*****

AT GRAM'S RESIDENCE:

The trio were walking towards the front porch of gram's residence when grams opened the door.

"Well, now, look who's returned from battle" Sheila said, extending her arms at her grand daughter.

Bonnie hugged her and so did Sheila. They broke the hug and Sheila looked at her grand daughter and said "Can I talk to your friend for a minute?"