CHAPTER-18 : NEW VAMPIRE IN TOWN

TIME SKIP (THE NEXT DAY):

AT THE SALVATORE BOARDING HOUSE:

Stefan walked into the library where books were scattered everywhere, even on the floor, haphazardly. When he went further inside, he saw Damon looking through the books in the shelves and tossing them down.

"What are you looking for, Damon?" Stefan asked, stopping in his tracks.

"Not your concern" Damon replied, not even looking at the younger Salvatore.

"No, but putting Venice or her friends in harm's way, that is my concern" Stefan said.

"What are you talking about?" Damon asked, with his back now facing his brother, him going through a book.

"I'm talking about your trip to Atlanta with Elena" Stefan replied.

"Oh yeah. Elena and I had a blast" Damon said glancing at his brother and then back at the book.

"I get it. You're just bitter because one of us gets to be with the person that we love, and poor Katherine is just out of reach. Unless there's another way for you to get into that tomb. Is that what Bree said? " Stefan said when Damon tossed the book in his hand onto the floor and started going through the shelves again.

"You're pathetic when you're fishing" Damon said, continuing what he was doing.

"You're transparent when deflecting" Stefan retorted.

Damon looked at his younger brother and stared at him for a second.

"Don't you have school?" he asked.

Stefan smirked and walked away from the library, making Damon stare daggers at his back.

*****

AT THE MYSTIC FALLS HIGH SCHOOL:

After their classes, Venice gifted a silver necklace with a small heart shaped locket with vervain in it, to Caroline. She even gave a bracelet laced with vervain to Kevin, Jeremy and Tyler and made it a duty to mix some vervain in her Dad's coffee, everyday. She even gave some vervain to Elena. She still got a bracelet laced with vervain which she brought for Alaric and decided to give it to him as a gift, which gets him out of the probation list because she decided that it's time to do so.

"It's so pretty. Thank you. God, it'll go with, like, everything. What's the occasion?" Caroline asked as she and Venice made their way towards the benches.

"No occasion. Just a little friend gift" Venice said.

Both of them sat at a near-by empty bench.

" Lesbian friend necklace? Cause we're freaky like that?" Caroline said and winked at her brunette friend who's of the same height like her.

Venice chuckled and said "Your friendship is important to me."

" Why're you being so mushy?" Caroline asked.

" Because you've been avoiding me, and I wanted you to know that whatever is going on with you and Matt, it's okay" Venice said.

Caroline froze for a second and then said "I was gonna talk to you about that. I was, but there's just not much to say. You know, we've hung out a couple times. That's it, but...I just feel like we've peeked as friends. This is weird. I shouldn't be talking to you about this. It's weird. It's weird, right?" Caroline said.

Venice nodded and said "It's a little weird, but if it's what you and Matt want, then it's not about me."

"But it's all about you. And Elena. I'm gonna tell you something that almost everyone, including Kevin knew but you don't. Matt's got a crush on you, way before he's with Elena" Caroline said.