CHAPTER-33 : THE FOUNDERS DAY

TIME SKIP (A FEW DAYS LATER):

AT THE MYSTIC FALLS HIGH SCHOOL:

Everyone are busy in preparing things for the founder's day, which was actually, that day. Stefan was standing thee, watching everything that's been happening around him.

"Look at you, standing in the middle of all retro" a too familiar to forget voice told Stefan. 

Stefan immediately recognized the voice and turned his head to look at Damon who's approaching him.

"What are you doing here? " Stefan asked Damon as Damon stood beside Stefan.

" Why wouldn't I be here? Bonnie deactivated the Gilbert invention, Isobel is gone and it's Founders' Day! I'm here to eat cotton candy and steal your girl" Damon replied, trying his best to stifle a laugh while saying the 'steal your girl' part.

Stefan scoffed and said " Don't start with me, Damon."

" Oh, you started this Stefan with that whole "I'm insecure, leave Venice alone" speech. I'm enjoying that " Damon said.

Stefan stared at the elder Salvatore for a few seconds and said "As long as you heard it."

"Wait, huh? What?" Damon said, keeping his hand near his ear, as if he's on phone with someone.

He looked at Stefan and laughed. Stefan fake laughed, seeing his actions.

"You have no sense of humor, Stefan", Damon said, now folding his arms in front of his chest.

" Actually I've no sense of Damon humor" Stefan said.

Damon rolled his eyes and both he and Stefan turned their heads to see Venice, who was supervising stuff for the Founders day to get all set and in motion.

"No! No, no, no, no, no" she said, looking at the marching band and walked towards them.

"The marching band should be in front of the Historic Society" Venice told the marching band and they made their way towards their give destination.

She looked at Matt who was standing behind the band, in his retro styled costume. He's Caroline's escort.

" Matt, get up on the float" she ordered him.

Matt chuckled and said "Yes, Mam." 

Venice flashed him a grin and walked towards the volunteering guys and said " Boys, I asked you to put chairs on the Founders' Float."

The volunteers nodded and scrambled to their assigned tasks. She turned her head and looked at the girls who participated in Miss Mystic Falls Pageant and was about to walk towards them but stopped when she saw Stefan and Damon staring at her. She made their way towards them.

"Hey!" she said, looking at the Salvatore brothers.

"I didn't see you two, here" she added.

Stefan smiled in response and said "Well, somebody's too involved in supervising, I guess."

Venice smiled in response.

"You didn't see me? Ouch. I'm hurt" Damon said, rubbing his chest and mimicking a hurtful expression at which Venice scoffed.

"I'll see you guys later" she told them and rushed towards the girls who participated in Miss Mystic Falls Pageant. They were all dressed in costumes themed in 1860's times and were supposed to stand on the float along with their escorts.

"Girls! Time to get on the float!" she told them. They nodded and made their way towards the float.

"Elena. Wait!" Venice said.